How to use new maps under MacOSX?

General talk about the map making process.
Lord Satri
Private
Private

How to use new maps under MacOSX?

Post by Lord Satri »

Hi,

I really tried to find the answer by myself. I can't find no place where to put the new map files. I can't find any place where to modify "-world ..." since I can't find any configuration file. How do we install & use new maps under MacOSX!

Help please & many thanks :-) !!
Alex
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It doesn't matter where the map is, as long as you supply the full path to it. Ex:
bzfs -world "/path/to/map/file.bzw"

You will need to run this from a terminal. Also, the "configuration file" will need to be created. There is a configuration file generator that you can use.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

When you have BZFlag open and use the application to start a server, it looks for maps in ~/.bzf. You can use the tilde to represent your home folder instead of having to use /users/username/ if you store your maps there.
Lord Satri
Private
Private

Post by Lord Satri »

Thanks to both of you. However, even if I feel closer, I'm not there yet ! :-)

Trying bzfs in the terminal, directly in the directory where bzfs is, I get the error:

Code: Select all

"Macintosh:/Applications/BZFlag-1.10.8.app/Contents/MacOS Alex$ 
bzfs -conf alex.conf
-bash: bzfs: command not found"
As for copying bzw files into the user directory and trying to toggle from within the "Start Server" command, it does not seem to work (?!).

Any new clue ?! :-)
Thanks !

Alex !

(since at least one of you seems to love Fight Club, here's quotes I gathered: http://www.alexandre.leroux.net/quotes/ ... lub-anchor )