Get rid of mountains in background?

General talk about the map making process.
LouMan
Chief Sgt. of Cartography
Chief Sgt. of Cartography

Get rid of mountains in background?

Post by LouMan »

Anyone know if it is possible to disable or somehow mask the mountains in the background? I am contemplating a map that is set next to the sea, and the mountains do not fit into the scheme of things...
Landshark
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Get rid of mountains in background?

Post by Landshark »

LouMan wrote:Anyone know if it is possible to disable or somehow mask the mountains in the background? I am contemplating a map that is set next to the sea, and the mountains do not fit into the scheme of things...
In the Rain'N Frogs level I used a dome shaped mesh to define my own sky.

It would be nice if there was a way to disable either or both the mountains and clouds. Being able to change their textures would be cool too. :)
wegstar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wegstar »

Yeah.. I agree.. the mountains don't look even all around... and the clouds are too thin...
Formerly "nader"
---
Microsoft broke Volkswagen's world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!
-----
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

The mountains are defined in the client, as .png files. I've got replacements for them for a map I made that look like ocean surface with distant islands. However, I'm the only person that can see them unless we have a way to distribute "horizons" as a server function.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."