BUILDING BASED MAP

General talk about the map making process.

What Do You Think?

Great idea!!!!
18%
Ahhhhh I dont know
No votes
Sounds cool but WAY to hard.
36%
NO WAY
45%

Total votes: 11

Mrhankeythechristmaspoo
Private First Class
Private First Class

BUILDING BASED MAP

Post by Mrhankeythechristmaspoo »

I think we would need a new upgrade to the map making system but how about a level where you are in a building no rader and multiple stories with ramps to enter more tatics in the game. Maybe only 1 of these servers for the few that well probably like this idea. I would love to play on a map like this!

Also another idea (this one I think very few people will enjoy but I think it is cool)is that maybe u should 1 shot with fairly long reload. And when you get shout you dont die. You have a health. I was about to get into armor and health boxes but I think that is going way too far.

What do you think
Hankey
Sorry if someone aleready said this. Please tell me
!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

as it has been discussed MANY times before, there will not be ramps or health in bzflag.

and you can do much of the other things you describe with meshes and the new 2.0 features.
ImageJeffM
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

steady on jeff. i agree about not having health - that's part of what makes it fun. but why not ramps?? they would give much more diverse map making.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

yer i cant see any reason not to have ramps that would make it so cool
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Ramps would introdce a lot of problems for coding and game play. Tanks would then have to follow the contour of the ground and not just stay level (lots of reworking the code). You would also have to be able to control the shot angle of the gun, so you would not be a sitting duck when using the ramp. Think about it, without a moveable gun you would be shooting the ground or into the air until you were on level ground. I would camp at a ramp and you would have no defensive shot against me...
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

donny_baker wrote:Ramps would introdce a lot of problems for coding and game play. Tanks would then have to follow the contour of the ground and not just stay level (lots of reworking the code). You would also have to be able to control the shot angle of the gun, so you would not be a sitting duck when using the ramp. Think about it, without a moveable gun you would be shooting the ground or into the air until you were on level ground. I would camp at a ramp and you would have no defensive shot against me...
About the gun there is a shots keep vertical velocity option that i think will work
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

ramps would require aiming as the shots would no longer be flat to the ground.

and basicly Tim said, no, the tank will allways stay level. He wants the game to be simple.
ImageJeffM
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

o ok. but then, we get worldweapons that tilt....
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
The Knights Who Say Ni
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Knights Who Say Ni »

do we?
Sig Made By AlliedArmour

TGPH