1. Submissions will start 12:01AM, August 19th, 2006, and END on August 26TH, 2006.
11:59PM final results will be September 1ST MIDNIGHT. Yes, you can enter past maps. You do not have to create a new one.
It is advised you work on your map before submission dates start.
You only have a week to submit this time.
I'll take two maps per person/per ip/per email (I will crosscheck
as best I can)
Map size up to 800 units radius
4. total points for a map 45 MAX
SIZE: Stay within max size: 1 is a no 5 is a yes
ORIGINALITY: 1 to 5
PLAYABILITY/CTF BALANCE: 1 to 5
LAG/FPS: 1 to 5
ARTISTIC: 1 to 5
TELE's BOTH SIDES WORK: 1 to 5
DBL BOX/PYR's: 1 to 5
CRASH SERVER: 1 is a YES and 5 is a NO
WEAPONS intrusive: 1 to 5 depending how the weapons are
3 is given if no weapons.
5. A MODIFIED MAP OR MAP PRESENTLY ON SERVER -5 automatically to
score (added more then 50 objects to map qualify)
6. MAP JUDGE SUBMITS A MAP -5 automatically to score
7. Tell us MAX players and your name or callsign
8. There are a few things to consider on a map
for playability BUT,
(hint) 3 level jumping for a good playability score
this does not say you can't.. 3 hops go thru tele
3 hops go thru a tele..
1st place = Gold Medal
2nd place = Silver Medal
3rd place = Bronze Medal
4th place = Honorable Mention
10. Top four posted with score, all other maps will get snapshots
posted but no ripping maps apart allowed.
11. Judges will be: ducatiwannabe, sid6.7, and Spazzy_Mcgee
12. NO SUBMITTING OTHER PEOPLE'S MAPS. It'd be like turning in somebody else's science project. Cheating and theft.
13. Depending on a case by case situation if somone
submits the exact same map as someone else
it will be returned...date of email will be the
first come first served determination.
14. You may now submit a text file explaining
your map or your idea of what you wanted
your map to represent/be/look like...
See something in error? See something you don't like?
See something I missed?
Email to: bzflag DOT email AT gmail DOT com (had to write email like that to prevent you know what)
ALL MAPS come thru the above email address
any maps sent to or through anyone else
will be rejected.
If you any questions feel free to PM or mail me.
Just to clear something up, some people think you have to make a whole brand new map for the contest. This is not so.
For more info or questions pm or mail me.
Also, to see past contests and other great things, go here: http://www.cruzan.info/bzflag/bzflag.html
Winner will recieve a $10 gift card to www.amazon.com
, the legendary golden star of map-making, and hostage of the winning map.