The Temple of KBOOM: a review

General talk about the map making process.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

The Temple of KBOOM: a review

Post by Grumbler »

Campers unite! Play The Temple of KBOOM by "AR*$E" If camping was a theme park, this would be their Disneyland/Sturbridge Village/Six Flags/Las Vegas all rolled into one.

The first impression you get from this map a that it is near impossible to drive around. Well, your wrong. Most of the spires/pyramids are drive through(ST campers, begin to drool) and all the jumps make logical sense. With a large moat around the symmetric castle, you find the map to be larger than it feels. The many transporters allow quick access to top locations, but do not allow for that easy camper kill. There is one spot on the top that an ST could live forever.(assuming Razzberry was the ST.)

I would suggest finding SW and holding on to it. SW is the camper killer on this map.

There is down side, the outer rim of the castle walls are completely bare/naked/nothing. This will make spawn kills an assured event. This also shrinks the overall size of the map. I would not recommend this map for a site where 15 tanks/6+ shots/richo are the norm. A smaller assualt force of 8 or so, without richo, would make this map very challenging.

This is the third map by arse I have played and it has the most playable feel. I do not intend that as a slight against his/her other maps, but this map is a significant departure from his/her previous HUGE/COMPLICATED/Asymmetric maps. In comparison, this map is small, easy to understand, and very symmetric.

I am not going to score this map at present. It is in the 3.5-4 range, but only extend gameplay will determine if the campers drag this effort down to 3.5.

Cheers.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Merry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Merry »

Lol....I wouldn't really wnt to go on that map, but I'll just check it out...
The secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.