Stonkers: a review

General talk about the map making process.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Stonkers: a review

Post by Grumbler »

A*$E has been busy. Stonkers. A*$E must be an outdoor type of person, because this map is another campers dream. Towers to all sides, plus an Norse GOD level up top. Well, maybe not a norse god, but you do feel like you should be swinging a hammer and flying around with wings. Suggestion here: dont fall.

Different from the last map I looked at from A*$E(I finally got that call sign proper), this map has protection for corner spawners and tall blocks to single GM domination. Like the last map, logical jumps and common sense manuevers. Laser will still kill many on the ground, but it will most likely die of the result. This is not as complicated as some of his earlier maps, but it has a something.

Not having played it with large amounts of players, I am unsure if some of the areas are extreme kill zones, but probably not.

There are no real bad sides to this map. This is a good, solid map. Simple to understand, easy to drive, interesting enough to keep you going, and many different levels of play.

This map is 4.5 out of 5 on the Koba scale. With extended gameplay, this could even go up.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........