This is a cool idea

General talk about the map making process.
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

This is a cool idea

Post by Gerbil »

It's great you guys are reviewing worlds on here. That will realy encourage developers to work some up.

Good Job.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

thank you gerbil -- by the way, your gerbil lair map has 2 objects that are _well_ outside the realm of the world boundaries -- one is a box, the other is a teleporter.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
Gerbil
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks

Post by Gerbil »

Thanks Fiber.

I make maps in notepad and Bzworld most of the time but then convert them to degree oriented (vice rotation) maps with Bzedit.

For some reason, bzedit does not always do well and chops them up or moves things--which on a complicated world is really hard to find sometimes. Since I test my maps on a radian coordinate version I don't run the "map" versions and never know if this random bug has bitten a particular map until it either crashes or someone says something.

That is why the map is buggy. Can u point out to me where these objects are in the map text? If so, I'll fix them.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

oi, with all them objects, I'd have to do some heavy work -- but I imagine, if you did some sort of a search within the file for any values > 400 square (i.e. the bounds of the world, you'd find the box), if you did a search for all things at a high Z, then you'd find the teleporter. I'm on a different machine right now, but I'll see if I can find em when I get home.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778