blender

General talk about the map making process.
OO7
Private First Class
Private First Class

blender

Post by OO7 »

is there some way for blender to export to a bzflag compatible file?
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Yes, you can use Teppic's BZWTools (or see Teppic's BZWTools Wiki). Myself, I could never get it work (maybe cause I'm on a Mac), but I'm sure if you follow the instructions you can. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Xtagon
Private
Private

Post by Xtagon »

Yeah, I've made bzw meshes with Blender. Usually I export to Wavefront (.obj) and then convert to bzw with modeltool.

Perhaps when my Python skills increase I can make a .bzw export plugin for blender
Xtagon
Private
Private

Post by Xtagon »

Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

I've been toying with the idea of a simple object exporter for a while, all the code exists (either from version 1 export only, or version 2 import/export) I just have to pull it from the right places, there seem to be a lot of people still writing maps in text editors, who would be less phased by a chunk of bzw text that a full import/export suite.

The whole thing depends on how well pyqt4 and qt4 perform on windows (wait for kde4, I'm not borking my systems for you 'doze users yet :shock: ), if qt4 on windows is suitably easy then the whole thing will end up as a bzedit style program, maybe using blender for display and getting meshes into the map. If qt4 sucks then you'll get a 'single object' export plugin for blender, but all the class references point to it being ok.

To be honest object export would only take about 6 hours to write, but I'm still debugging my MythTV exporter, and 'when kde 4 is out' sounds about right for it being finished.