Safe : 2-Team CTF map

General talk about the map making process.
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Safe : 2-Team CTF map

Post by Grumbler »

(wanted to put this up last night, forgot)

Safe v1.0 : 2 Team CTF map - symmetric, except in the elevated maze area. This was intended to be a difficult CTF. If not, it should be changed. I would also suggest adding 2 rogues.....i liked that idea, sue me.

Suggested Flags : all flags except: SB. NO RICHO!!!, not enough pyramids to handle the laser flag. 5-8 ST 1-2 laser, 3 cloak, 1-2 gm. 40-50 flags total, allow to exist on buildings.

WARNING: it has gone under SOME testing. I figured I would put it out there just to get feedback.
Attachments
Safe.map
Safe v1.0
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
dS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dS »

I'll host it. I'll put it online hopefully yet today. 3 or 4 person teams? I like 3 but with that many ST, I dunno. I'll add 2 observers if it is 3 person.

2 rogues with a couple sides of color coming right up. Please pull around to the second window.

dS
aka MadSanta
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

Safe v1.1

We found some bugs or design tweaks if you like.
Attachments
Safe.map
Safe v1.1

"Is it safe"
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
dS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dS »

Your updates come by quickly. I'm going to put it up tomorrow anyway as I want to play for awhile now.

I'll let you know when it's up.

dS
aka MadSanta
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

sry about that dS, there is always something to tweak, fix, add. In this case, it was mostly additions. This is probably the most "RAW" map I have posted. Part of that is due to the style of this map. This is a different style, and a different set of ideas I was working with, and so I suspect that the first few versions will come quickly and have large changes. I have gotten pretty good at working with BZedit, so I no longer have to go through layer translations to make a map. This is also why my maps are becoming significantly smaller.

thanks for serving this. I do take input seriously, so if you see something that you think needs addressed, I will make the edits. They may not stay in the map, but I am willing to give it a shot. (no large rat suggestions though. :) )