Integrate website/New website

Place all meeting requests / announcements here...
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Then do you have any suggesitons for a good template?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Make one yourself. We don't want BZFlag to look like a cookie cutter, fly by night project.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

How about if I put the Bzflag grass texture as a background. Yes or no?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Please read what we've said.

1) Blast has told you we cannot even use this template if we wanted to, due to the copyright and TOS on homestead.com.

2) It does not properly serve what the main website should do.

3) It has absolutely nothing to do with an online game. As Jeff (and others) have said, it looks like a template for some old theater or restaurant.

If you want your design (not a premade template) to be taken seriously, come on IRC, and find out what needs to go on the website. There is a 99% chance we will never use a premade template for the main page, because it would not make the game look professional or polished. Remember, you design a website for the content it holds, you don't design the content for the website.
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by person1 »

My proposal wasn't referring solely to the main page, and although I can work on it doesn't sound like your interested in using it so that would be a waste of my time.

It appears that you aren't interested in changing your services and that said I'm not to interested in re-inventing the wheel and learning each version of the wheel to help out. I would really like to, but that has been done in the past and the web is to the point now where I don't feel that is a good approach.

When I asked for a response to my proposal I was referring the the large piece of text clarify my original proposal, not the discussion of improvements to the front page.
Last edited by person1 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I not just any person, I am person1
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

Making a website template, a good one, isn't something that you can just through together. Don't expect to through some words here, some pictures here, and bam you have a template. Take the time to put together a good template, and don't expect to finish it in a couple of hours.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

person1

I am not talking to you, I am talking to lol_u died. Sorry for any confusion :)
person1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by person1 »

I'm talking to JeffM.
I not just any person, I am person1
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I know what you were talking about and my statement still stands, if you want to do work on changing how the backend works, that's fine. make something and show us it

That's kinda how bzflag development works, people do things, if they fit, we use them.

I think we've gone over our needs on the IRC channel enough, what you want to do with that info is up to you.
ImageJeffM