PC Consumption

Place all meeting requests / announcements here...
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

PC Consumption

Post by alfa1 »

Hi! Here there are 2 windowed BZ running 2 GU matches at once, and they are consuming around 80% of each one of my two 2 GHz cores (notebook)! I have 3 GiB of RAM and just an onboard Intel 3D card, I am using the free drivers that come with my O. S., openSUSE 11.4 (it isn't too new but neither too old :) ). The machine is from around 2010 and my Internet bandwidth is theoretically 3 Mb down/512 Kb up, but it can be the half in the high demanding time.

In the first pic, you can see beside the CPU percentage, the memory use in each client. As the developers told one time, BZ isn't multithreading (still), then I suppose that each BZ is runnning in one separated core. In the next post I will put just 1 client running.

Note #1: There are some inconsistencies in the CPU usage info that I am researching but, by experience, I understand that the graph values are the most accurates. I clarify that the 2 pics were taken with 9 seconds of difference, then, they don't have exactly the same data.
table summation: 76%
bottom info #1: 83%
***graph average: 80.2%***
bottom info #2: 67%
total average: 76.55% (near to 80.2%)

Note #2: The right match just finished, but I don't see any big difference with the previous info (other pics).

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'model name'
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz

lspci -nn | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 18)

glxinfo | grep -i renderer
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ironlake Mobile GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT

From "kinfocenter" / OpenGL / Screen name :0 / Direct rendering / Driver:
Manufacturer: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
OpenGL version: 2.1 Mesa 7.10
Kernel module: i915
Attachments
01.png
(838.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
02.png
(817.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: PC Consumption

Post by JeffM »

Are you trying to show anything specific or just the fact that your GL implementation is CPU bound?
ImageJeffM