New HUD UI

Place all meeting requests / announcements here...
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

New HUD UI

Post by The Noah »

I'm making a new HUD UI, and i would like suggestions. Images would be nice. I have screenshots, and you can find them at http://bzflag.ns01.biz/img/bznui-screenshots/ (the higher the number, the newer), and you can see the latest one at http://bzflag.ns01.biz/img/bznui-screenshots/latest.png. I hope to see some ideas!

The Noah
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

GitHub · Website · Get in touch · Stalk Me
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: New HUD UI

Post by Zehra »

Maybe if the sights change depending on flag?
So GM would be a circular sight, MG is a hexagon, regular shot is square, super bullet is a triangle... etc..
I'm not sure how a slightly stronger contrast would make it appear, but I think it would be sort of nice.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

Also, please leave your feedback on other people's ideas. You can PM me too, if you want.

The Noah
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

I think some of the concepts are a step in the right direction. :)

Also I don't like the idea of fundamentally different sights for the different weapons unless you're talking about something other than the mousebox. The mousebox needs to be a box because that's the shape of the dead zone (unless both are changed, but that wouldn't make sense just for different weapons).
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I'm not sure if it is possible to only make a change which affects the graphics of the mousebox, without changing the way it works/functions.
So it basically just alters/changes the way the HUD displays the mousebox.(On weapon type.)

I'm also not sure if I'm using the correct technical terms too. :wink:

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Noah »

I have come up with a solution and will have a screenshot of it soon.

The Noah