Network Code Reorganization

Place all meeting requests / announcements here...
JB DiGriz
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Network Code Reorganization

Post by JB DiGriz »

It's time to discuss how the network code reorg is going to happen, but first we need to know if you're interested in participating in the group think/creation process.

We will set up a time on IRC to hash through the issues. Let me know if you're interested in participating, and your best times for being on IRC.

If you're not sure what this post is about, check out the Work In Progress page.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

I would like to be there -- probably can't contribute anything useful, but I would still like to know about it. I will be out of town until monday evening earliest. Go on without me of course, if it is decided to hold it within the next couple o days.

Peace
Fiber
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
learner
General
General

Post by learner »

I'm interested, of course. Best times is on the weekends, probably Saturday being best.
CobraA1
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by CobraA1 »

Weekend Evenings. I'm in Kansas, USA, BTW. Remember we are in different timezones . . .
-CobraA1

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

My avatar symbol © 2002 Jeremiah Moss. All rights reserved.
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

I suggest making all times UTC ;)
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -- A. Einstein
Registered Linux User: 296546
Machines: 181776 181777 181778
purple_cow
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by purple_cow »

Just so people know, I'll be out of town for the next few days. We should probably wait until Tim is back from his trip to do this as well
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

Also interested, quite busy at the moment. Don't make it too late fur us Europeans. Best would be to not start after 21 UTC.
larsl
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by larsl »

I'm interested too. Any time between 17:00 UTC and 23:00 UTC works fine for me, any day. Or almost any day.
JB DiGriz
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by JB DiGriz »

The meeting will be held on IRC on Saturday, July 12, at 1900 UTC. If you need help with UTC check http://greenwichmeantime.com/

Server: irc.freenode.net
Port: 6667
Channel: #bzflag

Here is some information you might want to peruse to help prepare for the meeting. There is the WorkInProgress wiki. Make sure to also look at the Network Protocol document in there, as well as the pointer to enet. There is also the patch that was provided to start cleaning up the network code.