screenie of missile war and pimpi.org map

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

screenie of missile war and pimpi.org map

Post by Peter »

While browsing the server list, I came across this map, it is missile war and two castles combined together, it is a bit cramped for space, but it still looks cool....
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x235 ... shot-4.png
It is

Code: Select all

linuxmain.net:5154
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Wow lol

That looks cool. Im going to go check it out now :)
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

been there. its does look cooler from the screenie. Just thinking if this "nn" guy asked about this.
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

ive been there, its a cool idea, but it might make navigation a liitle cunfusing
(also, when i joined, it spawned me inside a wall)
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
A Hobo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Hobo »

The map isn't very symmetrical. The green and red bases have the tower of cylinders on them and blue and purple have bridges extending from them.

It does look cool, but there are some things that can be done to make the map more evened for each team.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Yea it is buggy. But what can you expect from 1 map simply being pasted onto another map?

Red Team has two Bases? Blue has 1? Fair..
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

nice picture look cool i kinda like that server but its anoying at the same time the picture seem to have more definition than when playing the level.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

It looks like the map files were just pasted together without a second thought.
It would have been better if the creator had taken the liberty to modify the map after combining, so there aren't so many stray pyramids and overlapping objects. Also, going through the center wall is going to be very hard.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

TD-Linux wrote:It looks like the map files were just pasted together without a second thought.
It would have been better if the creator had taken the liberty to modify the map after combining, so there aren't so many stray pyramids and overlapping objects. Also, going through the center wall is going to be very hard.
the center wall is soooo anoying your right they should have edited like that stone structure going through the bass is only on 2 bases it needed some work but they have edited the midle so the missle war center is gone.
gnu-sense
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gnu-sense »

I've been there too. I had to laugh out loud when I first saw it. NN has some radical ideas.

Another thing it makes me think of is an idea I've had about PZ. It's kind of boring in the zone on most maps, because you have only a flat surface to drive on, and jump-help-you if the teles are too high.

What if the PZ was another map? I have no idea how diffcult this would be to do, whether with configs, plug-in, meshes, or a combination. Just if that were possible, the merger of these two maps would be an excellent one, as NN's experiment shows that theycan be scaled quite compatibly. Then there would be no interference from the crowding of the two maps.

Short of that, one could combine the two maps by converting all of Viper's two castles to transparent drive-through meshes, except for some important surfaces (e.g. tops of the walls and bases). They would be phantom castles then, and 4-team play would be like a modded missile wars.

Am i making sense?

gnu
nn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nn »

Yes That Map is Buggy,

I made it with this:

cat Two-Towers >> Missle-war-combined.bzw

then spent two hours locating and taking out the center rings with emacs

the matter of the fact is that Linux has no Good Bzw editor.

And even if it did No map editor as of yet Can even read it !

If some one with the time to fool with it and can fix it.
Pm it to me I will up date it!