iPhone Style Icons

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
orbit
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

iPhone Style Icons

Post by orbit »

Heyo,
I did these icons a while ago, just getting around to sharing.
They're based on the fairly popular iPhone sets floating around.
5 colors, 6 unique states. Original resources; heavily inspired by (made to match) The Iconfactory's "Flurry" sets.

Intended for personal desktop use, so if you like them, enjoy.

DL: http://moooo.org/file/2dca98e
.zip (6 MB) – includes: .icns, .ico (windows), PNG (6 sizes), and copy-paste folders for mac.

License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Attachments
Bz_iphone_icons_prev.png
Preview
(260.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: iPhone Style Icons

Post by mrapple »

Wow, look great!

I only wish someone would make a BZAdmin app native to iOS. To bad I don't see that anywhere in the near future :(
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

mrapple wrote:I only wish someone would make a BZAdmin app native to iOS. To bad I don't see that anywhere in the near future :(
Yeah, because using a terminal app and ssh-ing is just so hard.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

ducktape wrote:
mrapple wrote:I only wish someone would make a BZAdmin app native to iOS
Yeah, because using a terminal app and ssh-ing is just so hard.
It's not hard. But, it's not easy either. Most terminal apps on the app store are pricy. They also don't work "great".

A bzadmin app native to the iphone wouldn't require ssh, would have a way nicer display/ui, etc etc.
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

I have asked for the same thing appe it was discussed, but it was dicided it would be hard for someone to put it in the app store
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I think you are mistaken. Putting stuff in the app store is the easy part. Writing the software in the first place is more work. :P
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

mrapple wrote: It's not hard. But, it's not easy either. Most terminal apps on the app store are pricy. They also don't work "great".

A bzadmin app native to the iphone wouldn't require ssh, would have a way nicer display/ui, etc etc.
well i didnt say it would work "great" im diggin the quotes on something i didnt say. anyways, does it need to work great? how often would you pull out your iphone and get on bzadmin to talk to basicly a chat room? what im trying to say is why waste time with making a bzadmin app when the energy and time could be devoted to developing 3.0 or something important.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

ducktape wrote:anyways, does it need to work great? how often would you pull out your iphone and get on bzadmin to talk to basicly a chat room?
No, I don't. Why, because it's an inconvenience. If there was a simple app the allowed me to see servers, join, auth without any trouble, I would more often. Why? Because it's convenient.
ducktape wrote:what im trying to say is why waste time with making a bzadmin app when the energy and time could be devoted to developing 3.0 or something important.
3.0 is dead. I was playing on it a few nights ago with some other devs and there were so many bugs we found in the first half hour it was ridiculous. If someone wants to devote time to fixing 3.0, that's great. However, right now, we have someone who is willing to make an app(s). So, instead of saying what we're not doing correctly, lets put good energy towards what people are willing to do.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

mrapple wrote:
ducktape wrote:what im trying to say is why waste time with making a bzadmin app when the energy and time could be devoted to developing 3.0 or something important.
3.0 is dead. I was playing on it a few nights ago with some other devs and there were so many bugs we found in the first half hour it was ridiculous. If someone wants to devote time to fixing 3.0, that's great. However, right now, we have someone who is willing to make an app(s). So, instead of saying what we're not doing correctly, lets put good energy towards what people are willing to do.
You pretty much just said exactly what i said. re-read my post, "developing 3.0 OR something important". all i was saying is that energy could be put towards something better. Why make an app for a dying game when you could work on the game itself. all i was saying.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Has anyone talked about orbit's creation in this thread yet? Seriously. lol. (P.S. They're great!)
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.