Looking for a modeler

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Looking for a modeler

Post by JeffM »

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in making 2 models for a little experiment I'm working on.

I'm looking for 2 tank models inspired by these.

They don't need to be anywhere near that detailed of course, nor exactly like those ( just in a similar configuration), and I can provide some more source art if needed.

So if anyone out there with some modeling skill would like to take a crack at it, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
ImageJeffM
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: Looking for a modeler

Post by optic delusion »

This represents about 90 minutes work, {after trashing a first draft} Currently only 276 polygons, i figure 750 polys would be the maximum you'd be able to use. I tried to keep the various parts separate, so they can be blown apart on explode. Textures would make a big difference.
Before i continue, Am I on the right track here? Is there anything big that I am missing?
Attachments
Archive.zip
obj file
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre »

This is not intended to be a final version in any way, shape, or form, but before I go farther than a rough draft, is this what you're looking for?
Attachments
jefftank.zip
(14.89 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner.

Delusional,
A good start but the porportions are a bit odd. It dosn't have to match the images I posted just be inspired by it.

Anathema,
The turret is good but the rest is a going all over the place, I'm not sure what you are going for with the sides and the fenders.

I have created a thread on the OpenCombat forums to continue discussion, and provided some more inspiration links.

http://www.opencombat.net/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=4
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I've hooked up some stuff to help modlers test out models in the client.

Click to view.

ImageJeffM
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre »

Take 2. 20-minute concept render, sans treads or wheels. Right direction? EDIT: Obviously the final model wouldn't be so square - round barrel, turret, sides, etc. This was just a quickie model.
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.