Private First Class
Private First Class

See what I found!

Post by alfa1 »

Kingdom Battle...

Thick wall...

Oops... can you believe it? : ) )

Yeah, it is inside the wall!

Well, maybe somebody has already seen this before; first time to me, though, and I was surprised... I was playing and, then, I was going aallll around it until, as no success, I went finally to observers and could prove it! hehe

The map is fun and eye-candy (if good English). Recommended!
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: See what I found!

Post by Sniper752 »

I didn't like this map. The platforms on the respected bases were not of equal height to allow for laser sniping. Not being able to shoot across the river wasn't fun either. Been awhile since I was there, but it wasn't a great experience. building placement and height doesn't always make sense
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Re: See what I found!

Post by optic delusion »

I saw this map and thought that the use of textures was exceptionally good. Some sections looked almost as if it was bump mapped. Whose map is it?

Mesh walls (as opposed to "box" walls) used to be a little bit of a problem for mappers. To prevent this problem and other side effects, we had to include an "inside' point for every object, The release of Bzflag 2.4 eliminated this problem, and I haven't seen it for awhile. The Wings3D-to-BZFlag exporter still includes this inside-point function.
This particular flag may be placed in a tiny gap between two separate meshes, or the mesh's floor may not be at Z=0 (not on the ground). I would have to see the map file to be sure.
I would bet real money that the problem is the map, and not bzfs.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.