Texture Packs

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
macsforme
General
General

Texture Packs

Post by macsforme »

I was looking through this forum for alternative texture packs people have posted over the years, but there actually were very few and most of the links were dead anyway.

This has been posted several times before, but I need to find people who have made alternative texture packs for the game. If you have one or know of someone who does, please reply here or get in touch with me. The author would have to be willing to release them under some kind of open license in order for them to be useful.

Thanks.
Kitsune
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Texture Packs

Post by Kitsune »

I do not know if you still require this, but I thought I would contribute (or at least try to).

Regarding these texture packs, if we are referring to the texture packs that load before joining a server from the list of servers, I can remember of some names that appeared in the paths listed. I believe that there were LouMan and The Purple Panzer between the lines and, while I would ask you not to quote me on this one, I think I do recall there being zaphod as well at times.

Though then again, if the author would be required to release them, wouldn't it be better to just let these authors take the initiative at posting them? Or is this more of a matter about re-posting the ones that already existed? If it's the latter then yeah, I assume a poke can be harmless. At any point, the three listed above are all I can think of right now, though there were undoubtedly more.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

I was referring to texture packs intended to replace the game's built-in textures. This would be something you would copy over the BZFlag data directory, or supply with the -directory option.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

More than a little off topic, but here is something. http://images.planet-mofo.com/who/112707/
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

2.6 will have updated textures, and better support for themes and optional texture packs.
ImageJeffM
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Spazzy made some bases in '08
base-chevron-green.png
base-chevron-green.png (110.74 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
base-chevron-blue.png
base-chevron-blue.png (110.28 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
base-chevron-purple.png
base-chevron-purple.png (110.89 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
There's another set like this, which is the same, but different... but I have not been able to find it.
Looks like it was used in a Hi-X variant. Maybe someone has it.
red-base.jpg
(931.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.