Help Needed: Advertisement Graphics

BZFlag related only please...please attach large images
blast
General
General

Help Needed: Advertisement Graphics

Post by blast »

I intend to buy some advertisement space on one or more webcomics soon-ish. I'm not a marketing expert, so I'm not really sure how best to "sell" the game to new users. Hoping to get some help on this aspect.

I'm also not a graphics designer, so I'm hoping that someone could make some advertisement buttons/banners for me. I'll be using Project Wonderful, with the initial webcomic being Questionable Content. Project Wonderful has several different ad sizes. While it would be nice to get a graphic for each, the QC comic currently just has three sizes: button ads (117x30, 100KB max file size), rectangle ads (300x250, 300KB max file size), and square ads (125x125, 150KB max file size). Animation is allowed, but it shouldn't be anything annoying.

EDIT: I guess they have square ads, not leaderboard ads. Corrected the size above.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Help Needed: Advertisement Graphics

Post by click click boom »

dont you think it might be a better idea to advertise on facebook?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Project Wonderful is pretty much the only advertising platform that I trust.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

the reason why i mention it is because on facebook you can advertise to demographics. So advertising to a place like NYC would reach millions and you can also advertise to certain people who are in gaming networks and what not. Many business use it and seems very successful. i have thought about do it for this game but i dont exactly understand the cost.

i like your idea but i suggested this in the past to you and you spun it on me saying this game cant retain players so why bring new ones in just to lose them down the road?
kaadmy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kaadmy »

More specifically, what kind of advertisements? I can try making a mockup of one if I have time.