How would you rate yourself

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Jeff Williams
Private
Private

Re: How would you rate yourself

Post by Jeff Williams »

I agree that it's depends on the map, and also depend on the partner. :D
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Ephraim wrote:I wonder if all the people who play exclusively on GU and Ducati are really also that good at other servers. It seems like their mad skills at dodging and rico would be just as effective other places. But those maps are a lot less chaotic than others... so even if someone is marginally better, that skill might show more.
Personally I have found my skills in dodging to be extremely effective in most situations, even to go to the extremes of dodging lasers or machine gun bullets. Most of the time players in GU or Ducati "mind read" each other and so they can figure out what the other player may or may not do, and react accordingly. I believe that most of them also can tell which way their opponents are facing very well and can make quick decisions about how to avoid their muzzle from shooting at their tank.

On most maps with many flags that allow players to be extremely strong with the flags they hold, I would give myself a 6 out of 10 in ranking. If I were to use those flags, bump that value up to 8. (Which I rarely do to make it more challenging).

On maps with no flags but with jumping (ex. HIX), I'd be a 7, and on maps with no flags and no jumping would be a 9.

I believe most players who are not on the league or skilled side of the players will have these values flipped, making their strongest points on flag maps.
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

Im better at my maps than others and better at non shooting maps and 1v1s
with a possible exception of Sigonasr2's maps
so between 4 and 10
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

I would rate myself a 7 or 8.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

Eh....on average, maybe about a 5-7, but it varies pretty wildly. Like today I was playing on Mofo for a while and got a score well below -200 points, but other times (usually on less chaotic servers) I can really get into a groove and rack up a fairly moderate amount of points. The thing is I've playing since at least 2005, so you'd think I would be an absolute by now, but I'm very on-and-off about playing and so I'm almost always rusty.
Pizzahead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pizzahead »

9.5-10 on Apocalyse, 7.5-8 on HIX, 6ish on Pillbox and DUC, and 9 on everything else. Though all of those could decrease by a factor of one on bad days.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.