20,000+ Points!?!

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

20,000+ Points!?!

Post by The Vet »

I was looking around the player stats page and I am curious as to how someone can get a score in the tens of thousands. Are these guys hooked up to an IV and catheter and play for a straight week or month? What is the big secret to getting such an obscenely high score? As far as I can tell, they are:

1. Extremely skilled and really fast.
2. Either get a bunch of grunt friends to play as targets as the high-scorer shoots them repeatedly when no one is looking. (wait a minute...) :lol-old:
3. Are doing the bot thing on a private server.
4. Are really just super-advanced computers that act like humans and exist soley to get really high scores by playing 24/7 and make mere humans scratch their heads.

Can someone shed light on this phenomenal ability?
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Shockwave radius or SteamRoller raidus so that once you spwan the shockwave or ST is so big it kills them. say u have alot of bots on your server and make the SW raidus huge like 200000000000 then the bots spawn and die over and over again.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Yeah, the top of the stats are basically a bunch of losers who set up home servers with maps that allow them to slaughter bots.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

L4m3r wrote:Yeah, the top of the stats are basically a bunch of losers who set up home servers with maps that allow them to slaughter bots.
Save for the worthy Gnurdux, who somehow managed to get himself down to -8353. :-) I guess even a negative mention is better than no mention, heh.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

if you do make your own private server and spawn hundreds of bots, the simple /kill thing works well....
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

A Looney Kumquat wrote:if you do make your own private server and spawn hundreds of bots, the simple /kill thing works well....
that makes the server do the killing, And I dont think it gives you points.

you reserected this topic?!?!
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

hey I was bored.... but no- I've joined a pillbox server and there a hunder bots or so all just dieing becAUSE OF /kill I think
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

A Looney Kumquat
/kill uses much more hard labor than simply sitting with SR.

For future reference: If its dead a while, and you're not adding something really important to it, like updating a work in progress, its not worth adding to.

EDIT: oops, It was Jun, not Jan. :oops:
Last edited by dango on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

me1 wrote:A Looney Kumquat
The last post was on the first day of the first month of the year 2007, is now eight months later. You brought back this topic, which was obviously dead, to say something, not that important.

Also /kill uses much more hard labor than simply sitting with SR.
I see the original post date as June 01 2007, which isn't quite so extreme, although your point still stands.