Not sure where to post this....

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Stij
Private First Class
Private First Class

Not sure where to post this....

Post by Stij »

Some guy using A Meteorite's name (in all lowercase) has been obviously cheating on a server called "pie the sky" (pieinthesky.bettagirl.com). He can't be hit, even after I shot him about 5 times head on. Even the worst lag I've seen can't be that bad.

Just thought I'd give you guys a warning.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Yes, I am quite aware of this. It is Mr. Molez and Death Barrel (aka, Christopher Reeve's Wheelchair).

Basically, if you see anyone playing as me but unidentified ('-' beside the name), or any ridiculous misspelling of my name, it is not me, and you should precede to a poll ban or contacting an admin. You could also IM me what server he is at and I am able to ghost him.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

That happens to me sometimes. People will sometimes try and impersonate me or 1 of the people I know. I don't always use this callsign so I do catch people in the act.
sniper1234
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sniper1234 »

Be careful there is a guy named sniper12345 who also is impossible to hit. Contact me if you see him!!!
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

sniper1234 wrote:Be careful there is a guy named sniper12345 who also is impossible to hit. Contact me if you see him!!!
Why am I not surprised that's a lie? What a disgrace.

See: http://my.bzflag.org/playerinfo.php?cal ... niper12345 No one has even played under "sniper12345"
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

hey, when you ban the copycat, make sure you ban him by IP instead of callsign
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Macrosoft wrote:hey, when you ban the copycat, make sure you ban him by IP instead of callsign
Well, banning by callsign does not really work... you would have to have direct access to the word filter and it would block the real people as well. Banning impostors will not ban the real person's BZID, as the server only knows the BZID when the person is identified. That means all bans on impostors are IP only to begin with.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

CRW

Post by slon02 »

wait..hold on a minute. Are you telling me that Mr. Molez is CRW? If so, i can't imagine how things have changed...

Tempera Mutamtur et Nos Mutamur In Illus!

If you see someone is impersonating me, please poll ban him. If it turns out that i'm the one banned...then...umm..To Be Continued.. :twisted:
Also pm me in-game or on BZBB to tell me about it.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: CRW

Post by A Meteorite »

slon02 wrote:wait..hold on a minute. Are you telling me that Mr. Molez is CRW? If so, i can't imagine how things have changed...
Yes. Mr. Molez only changed his ways for a short time after the December 2005 events, and he was back to his old ways.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN