Your BZFlag Hero/Master

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Your BZFlag Hero/Master

Post by Knox »

So who's your hero? Who told you how to play BZF? Who is the best player you ever seen? The player you most respect?
Not just score, the tactic is also important! And is he fair, even if he is strong enough to kill you easily? And he doesn't have to be the master of elements, just qualities. Friendly, funny, and so on...
Just the players you most respect!

Who's your HERO?

Well, stopped the contest! As Green said it's getting a bit too serious for me. :roll:
Last edited by Knox on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

sweating bullets taught me how to play, but del is pretty cool as well
but i think my most favourite player is gorgomol :D
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

i have three, me, myself, and i.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

heh, ducktape pick someone you are friends with
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

my personal hero is Green Manalishi, because he told me to use "m", "." and "," to talk :p
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

green sems to be very popular,
i know hes a popular target on badgerking :twisted: :twisted:
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I like lil dog :)

Alot of my idols play GU.
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Cobra_Fast »

I respect all players who are better than me!
I have no personal hero ... most things i teached myself and all the other stuff i got told from several other players (big thanks to them here! :) )
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

ok ok. Orbit and Lil dog
A Hobo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Hobo »

There are alot of players who I respect because are better than me, mainly in the GU league. Only problem is they kinda only stick to those servers. :wink: I would vote for the PeEpZ admins, but most of them disappeared.

My vote/s are for WHAMMO! and Green Manalishi.

Whammo helped me out when I was a newb.
Green is... Green. 'Nuff said. :p
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Are we only supposed to acknowledge the players from the six players listed in the original post?

There are many great players, and there are many players that have influenced me.

From the six players listed, I know Orbit, Lil Dog, and Green. Orbit is the greatest of GU players, and he is patient, fair, friendly, helpful to others, and a model of good sportsmanship and gentlemanliness for everyone. Lil Dog is a great player, always considerate, and from other players, I know that he is very generous with his knowledge and helpful to newer players. Green is someone that I consider a good friend. He is a great player, and he has the best sense of humor (once I learned that he was joking). You couldn't meet a nicer player than Green.

The other players that have particularly influenced me that aren't on the OP's list, and in no particular order, are Joss, Grace F, tankzilla, Miller, Atari, Jinx, RedDog, Cj_, Constitution, HW*, signosar2, Cruel Dog, Mister Lag, Allied Armour, Grand Slam, R3laX, Smoooth, Slime, Kierra, Animal Mother, Ducktape, Saber, AVM, and Navitas (and the other GU players and my other BoOm team mates), and the many players that I played with on the Silvercat rotation, where I started playing bzf.

Playing bzf and being a member of the playing community has been a terrific experience, for which I am very grateful to everyone.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

ducktape wrote:i have three, me, myself, and i.
Joan Armitrading had an album by that name; "Me, Myself and I." Long before your time, Duck.
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

boresnake wrote:
Joan Armitrading had an album by that name; "Me, Myself and I." Long before your time, Duck.
Uh, how would you KNOW thats before his time, exactly? Maybe it IS his time!

Ok, to relevance, who I look up to is Jefenry. He makes really cool maps. My best friend on BZFlag is Big Bad Old Bucko, he's fun to talk to.

P.S., Green is nice player.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Amoeba! wrote:
boresnake wrote:
Uh, how would you KNOW thats before his time, exactly? Maybe it IS his time!
Because the album was released before he was born.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

getting slightly off topic now...
my hero is whoever invented laser, st and wings
And whoever can dodge my shots easily
Last edited by Bambino on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
zomane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zomane »

One of my idols is 4morebeers, when I was newbie and have no idea how to play he has patience to watch me how I blew myself up many times when I try to repeat what he doing and explain me how do to things right.
Enigma and sse are other players that impress me . Green Manalishi and gorgomol also plays great and I love to play/talk with them .
Stopping here because this is a very long list, for those years that I play BZFlag I meet many nice people and very skilled players .
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

All the players that really helped me are in the GU/DUC league.

Saturos, benji 13, krisfeidt, slime, Lil Dog, Zelgadis, A Heart Attack, REDNECK ...
All of those players spent hours showing me stuff and practicing, so they all earned my respect.
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

whew! everyone's making really big lists. i don't really have any one particular idol. green is hilarious, i've just recently started GU and many people there are very friendly. i used to know whodaman who i liked until he changed his name to dexter...:P all the aussies and nz players are awesome, i.e. grace, joss etc... i respect anyone who has a good sense of humour
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

Please:
Only one suggestion :P
would a lot of work to get them all on list.. too lazy
Last edited by Knox on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

dexter wrote: Saturos, benji 13, krisfeidt, slime, Lil Dog, Zelgadis, A Heart Attack, REDNECK ...
decide, dude.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

piet wrote:
dexter wrote: Saturos, benji 13, krisfeidt, slime, Lil Dog, Zelgadis, A Heart Attack, REDNECK ...
decide, dude.
Uhh, you asked who the best player I've ever seen is and who I respect most... different people :)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

w00t i'm popular!!! :shock: :oops: spending half of my awake time playing bz finally payed off. :P
thanks a lot for mentioning me & your nice words, piet dude, monster, n00bitas, bore, 'emo'eba!, zomane, llrr.. the feelings are of course mutual. i have a little objection to bore's very flattering comment though. i may be funny and pwnage most of the time (which also depend on my mood or level of caffeine intake), but there are definitely nicer players out there. some people reading this message will know what i mean. :angel:

i've been playing this game very actively for 4.5 years (hence the popularity 8) ) and i have met A LOT of great people/heroes/masters. for fear of forgetting some of them i better not give anyone's name. they are map makers, past and present server owners, fellow admins, regular players/observers on my favorite servers, and they all know themselves. :) i don't think i'm friends with any of them (having always had this weird problem with perceived 'authority figures') but all of the developers of this wonderful game past and present deserve a big 'thank you' too.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Green Manalishi wrote:i have a little objection to bore's very flattering comment though. i may be funny and pwnage most of the time (which also depend on my mood or level of caffeine intake), but there are definitely nicer players out there.
OK, Dr. Manalishi, after reconsideration, you are correct; you are not the nicest player. I am the nicest player. :lol:
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

actually i lied trying to be humble. i am the nicest one. :P
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Green Manalishi wrote:actually i lied trying to be humble. i am the nicest one. :P
That's what I said.