Your BZFlag Hero/Master

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

Hey thanks for mentioning me in the award speech! I forgot you were the guy who said "amo the emo".

Ok pick a HERO? I choose Jefenry then. Because he's the best mapmaker ever.

boresnake and Green Manalishi are both wrong, because ahs3 is the nicest player. I'M the COOLEST... or not...
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

Amoeba! wrote:boresnake and Green Manalishi are both wrong, because ahs3 is the nicest player.
yea i can agree with that.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Green Manalishi wrote:
w00t i'm popular!!! Shocked Embarassed spending half of my awake time playing bz finally payed off. Tongue
thanks a lot for mentioning me & your nice words, piet dude, monster, n00bitas, bore, 'emo'eba!, zomane, llrr.. the feelings are of course mutual. i have a little objection to bore's very flattering comment though. i may be funny and pwnage most of the time (which also depend on my mood or level of caffeine intake), but there are definitely nicer players out there. some people reading this message will know what i mean. Angel Smile

i've been playing this game very actively for 4.5 years (hence the popularity Cool ) and i have met A LOT of great people/heroes/masters. for fear of forgetting some of them i better not give anyone's name. they are map makers, past and present server owners, fellow admins, regular players/observers on my favorite servers, and they all know themselves. Smile i don't think i'm friends with any of them (having always had this weird problem with perceived 'authority figures') but all of the developers of this wonderful game past and present deserve a big 'thank you' too.
Speaches like this make you that popular in my eyes. I really respect people, who are able to write/speak in whole sentences. This Speach reminded me of several team messages from Firing Squad - Leader of the GU team "Enough is Enough". Therefore I suggest to put him on the list too, because he's such a nice and helpfull guy, who really cares about his mates, although he cannot be online all the time :)
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

FS! He's the first player i saw, who really respect all! .D
Last edited by Knox on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I don't see why it would have to be just one person.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Jeep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jeep »

i would have have to say Lil Dog taught me on GU,sphere did a little bit too

best players are probably Lil Dog,gs,orbit and nicest player is probably AlliledArmour
:)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

omg piet dude, let's not turn this into a contest with rankings and such. :? this is so unnecessary imo. there are so many true bz heroes/masters who have not even been mentioned on this thread. besides, most players would not want to name one single person, unless they have played this game for like half an hour. please in any case consider me retired from this 'competition' and delete my name if you have to keep it up. deep inside i know i'm the coolest guy in the world, let alone bz player, and that's enough for me. :P

monster, thanks again. unlike during a game, where most of my 'sentences' consist of one word/abbreviation like omg, wth, luck, lucker, pwned, hunted, lmao etc. i like to build whole sentences on forums and similar environments. :book:
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Green Manalishi wrote:during a game, where most of my 'sentences' consist of one word/abbreviation like omg, wth, luck, lucker, pwned, hunted, lmao etc.
When I am playing against you, Green, you seem to say "lucker" to me more than anything else. :D Not really, but I enjoyed saying that.
zaphod
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by zaphod »

oohhh ::: there are so many nice, helpful and good players out there!
no way to narrow it down!
basically it is the community itself which makes this game so addictive!
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

boresnake wrote:When I am playing against you, Green, you seem to say "lucker" to me more than anything else. :D Not really, but I enjoyed saying that.
well, most of the time when i get killed it's by luck, so i just state that fact. if it's by skillz i say 'ns' anyway. :P

piet dude, thanks.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Best bzbuddy I've had is Winny. Best teacher/hero/master... orbit. :-)
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

Is this about who our heros or BZBuddies are? Frankly, I dunno!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It's about heroes/trainers/masters. Read the topic name. :P "Your BZFlag Hero/Master." I just threw that in about Winny cause I felt like it. :lol-old:
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

My best Bzbuddy is of course piet :)
Please stay addicted ;) (oder wie auch immer man das sagt ;) )
mfg N.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

Zaphod is right. it is a great game because of all the cool players 8)
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

Monster wrote:My best Bzbuddy is of course piet :)
Please stay addicted ;) (oder wie auch immer man das sagt ;) )
mfg N.
:) Best bz-buddy: mons! :D

Bzf addicted 4ever and much longer!
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

piet, Monster! I'm so disappointed! :(
I brought you into the leagues and taught you sooooo much and I get no credit! :P
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

I agree with zaphod...It's the community of NICE players that makes BZ so much fun. To me BZF hero/master/teacher isn't just one person:

Best Teacher: ATG- he lured me to the dark side of BZF (gu) and was patient in attempting to teach my tank to jump with accuracy (I failed that class, but got an A+ in tking.)

Best Teammates: Many fit in this category for me: My FF teammates for one. NTH & Menotume for their patience in installing a revolving door :D
My ducati mates are wonderful as well. I cannot pick just one.

I will always have a special place for mikkel who would invite mother mellus to match in ducati when she was such a noob...and as orbit in gu for the same reason.
Do I even need to mention that the Baron family players are awesome...not only for their skills but for the humor, sportsmanship and maturity they bring to the game.
How can I end this without mentioning my beloved quantumdot: I vote him Most Hard to Understand....he knows why.
-bzmom
Last edited by kierra on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Lol dex ;)
I really liked "whodaman" but "dexter"...well ok, ty ;)
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

dexter wrote:piet, Monster! I'm so disappointed! :(
I brought you into the leagues and taught you sooooo much and I get no credit! :P
Poor whoda... Want a cookie? :P
wag
Private
Private

Old Friends

Post by wag »

It is strange to think that I have been playing this game since perhaps before 2000 and know people in bzflag world longer than I have people in my real non-game-playing life. Hmmmm, my hero? You are all tops in my book. I enjoy learning from anyone who repeatedly blasts me to bits!

Happyblasting,
Edward
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

I'm not sure, I don't really pay much attention to individual players- unless I'm hunting them

There is one player I kinda like though, I think their callsign was "piggy" or something like that.
lax
Private
Private

Post by lax »

some of mine are: no idea, PUX, AA, ahs3 and piggy.

This forum inspires me to go help those newbs with -356 so ill be up here
:o
lodxcol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lodxcol »

bb gun

never seen anyone better than him on mofo ffa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

High Karate Kitty, Green Manilishi, and PaxVobiscum sit at even level for me. The three of them over many years of brutal back-and-forth slayings really taught me to play and often reminded me that there are tanks out there that are worth being considered more than just "targets".

Beyond that are the vast number of players that also served to help teach each other how to play as an effective team (err... most of the time ;) ), particularly the non-cheating regulars at the various incarnations of Missile Wars over the past three or so years.
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)