Wacky Wings Server?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
PlasticTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wacky Wings Server?

Post by PlasticTank »

I had an idea for an server where the _wingsGravity is set to positive and the _wingsJumpVelocity was set negative? I heard that there was a server like that already. Is there?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Wacky Wings Server?

Post by Bambino »

That sounds hilarious! And no, I have not heard of one like that, I think I have to experiment now...
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

The more I think about it, the more interesting it would be. It might not be exactly fair for the people on the ground, and the tactics are pretty much inverted from standard WG fights, and you'd have to have near-infinite WG jumps, but it would be interesting to see how it turns out. On another hand, since tanks are moving down, the upper (or lower) limit is the ground, which means that the WG attacker could effectively pin the defender to the ground, so WG fights don't consist of basically staying higher than your opponent and hoping he runs out of jumps.

OR EVEN BETTER! You could use it (with one/no jumps and possibly max _wingsSlideTime) to create massive "floating jumps" which could be a mechanism to leap great distances and clear giant buildings and stuff. THAT would be cool.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I think the _shotsKeepVerticalVelocity 1 would be fun.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
PlasticTank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by PlasticTank »

yeah, there are so much cool stuff you could do with this
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I tried it out on my private server. It's fun but there is a problem If I was on a building and fall off with wings I would float up(normal) but, if I started on the ground with wings I would get a white ring around my tank, making it impossible to jump up. Is there a way to fix it?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I think the server that used to run with this game style had a physics driver jump pad on the ground so you could get up into the air.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Ahh, brilliant, thank you blast.