How can i shot myself with Guided Missile?

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
King of Hearts
Private First Class
Private First Class

How can i shot myself with Guided Missile?

Post by King of Hearts »

HOw to stop it :oops:
Last edited by King of Hearts on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Should there be new super flags such as?

Post by dango »

Please read http://my.bzflag.org/w/Flag_ideas
It has a list of already suggested flags, both rejected and accepted, as well as submission guidelines.
If you have an idea, that follows the guidelines, feel free to add it to that.
Both of these ideas seem exactly like the flags in the game already.

Actually, you didn't expand on your idea, you just made up a flag name, so no one can tell what your ideas actually are.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Should there be new super flags such as?

Post by Quantum Tank »

If you want to post flag ideas, please put them in the suggestions forum.

Also, try to look at other people's flag suggestions to see what has already been suggested, and to get an idea of what are "reasonable" flag suggestions. It seems your flag names are kind of vague and you don't have any descriptions, so how can you expect to get any feedback? Remember too that implementing flags into the game is complicated and unpaid, and the developers and bzflag community are really very picky about flags, as any random flag idea that is implemented can seriously unbalance or spoil the game.

Lastly, I know its fun to think up interesting flags and post them on the forums, but its probably best if people new to the fourms (not just you) refrained from posting all the flag ideas you can think of. Its probably best if you wait until you have more experience and will be able to judge what flags will fit well into the game, as seeing essentially the same, overpowered flags posted in the suggestions forum can get really repetitive. Don't get discouraged, just play the game a bit and think about how a new flag would balance or unbalance the game.
scorchgeek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: How can i shot myself with Guided Missile?

Post by scorchgeek »

I don't think this was supposed to be a flag idea. I think he thinks he shot himself and wonders how this is possible (no ideas myself).
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

if you shoot on a non moving platform, then get on a moving1 moving faster than the bullet you can. If the GM activation time is too quick and you move fast enough you can, if you make the turn radius fast enough, and shoot at a guy that goes behind you fast enough you can. Listed them in order from most likely to happen to least likely to happen.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

scorchgeek wrote:I don't think this was supposed to be a flag idea. I think he thinks he shot himself and wonders how this is possible (no ideas myself).
If you look at the post he changed (last edited on...) it AFTER the others responded. So yes it WAS about a flag idea and he got shot down, so then he changed the post to make it look like the others were way off base. All that editing after the fact is very bad forum etiquette, especially representing it as something that it originally was not.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Figlen
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Figlen »

I know it been a while since anyone posted on this topic, but I've just seen it now. Regarding shooting yourself with GM, it is something that has happened to me a few times. The reason I reckoned it was happening was because I had some lag going on at time and I reckon the jitter meant that I effectively jumped ahead of the missile that I had just fired and got shot by it!
King of Hearts
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by King of Hearts »

joevano wrote:
scorchgeek wrote:I don't think this was supposed to be a flag idea. I think he thinks he shot himself and wonders how this is possible (no ideas myself).
If you look at the post he changed (last edited on...) it AFTER the others responded. So yes it WAS about a flag idea and he got shot down, so then he changed the post to make it look like the others were way off base. All that editing after the fact is very bad forum etiquette, especially representing it as something that it originally was not.
yES jOEVANO IS RIGHT i did change the post i didn't mean to make the others off base.