Deregistering from BZFLAG

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Deregistering from BZFLAG

Post by darkid »

Due to an excess of hate spam, as well as general (useless) bans, I am logging off of bzflag and taking my Callsign with it. Anyone who feels like using a multi-banned (for what, poll sets? are they illegal now?) account, go for it.

I hope that, in a few years time, the players of bzflag will learn that there is more to gaming than sitting next to the other team's base with a wings flag and shooting your heart out at the spawning players. I also hope that they learn to treat new players with more kindness, and not CTF if the team numbers are uneven yet the player abilities are not. Also, I wish that, if say one team has oh 20 points and the other has -20 (CTF maps) that they refrain from capping, or at least work on trying to determine equal teams to give fair chances to players.

I hope to remind players that the game is entitled BZFlag, for Battle Zone Capture the Flag, thus implying that the goal is to CTF, or Capture the Flag. The main goal is not to score points, it is to capture. There are game variants, such as FFA or RH. FFA, as the name suggests, implies that the entire goal is to gain points, it's a Free For All. This doesn't encourage teamwork, except as in a teammate shoots someone who was just about to kill you. RH maps supposedly involve teamwork, with the Hunter team attacking the Rabbit, but the moment someone makes a kill they become the rabbit and all that teamwork idea has been scrapped. The only map style which doesn't have team flags yet still elicits strategy is KOTH. In King Of The Hill, players must work as a team to keep control of the center. There is, in KOTH, a key goal, namely staying on the hill, and it affects every player due to the fact that it kills them all of after a player "captures". Thus there is now a key goal which affects every player, much as CTF, which then means that players are less able to just sit around and kill, as they are in FFA or RH maps.

Goodbye, and I do not have "A god complex", "A banning problem", "A death wish", or any other threat/complaint that you have to shove my way.
I shall be back as of 2011/1/1, and I hope that some of the bans will have lifted by then, as I might be able to actually play on some servers now-and-then.

Enjoy your camping, I hope you bring a tent!
Last edited by darkid on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkid--Not a happy camper.
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Deregistering from BZFLAG

Post by mrapple »

We'll miss you.

Thanks for all the good times and maps :)

-apple
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

One suggestion would be to play on servers that aren't administered by immature people.

Anyways, hope to see you back again.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Do what blast said and play on league servers and not some of those stupid noob maps. The leagues normally hold a higher standard of sportsmanship and promote clean and fair playing. You will quickly get better at the game if you stick around the leagues. The ducati league will give you dodging, shooting, and player prediction (if you're good ;) ), the GU league puts all those skills to work, adds an extra bullet and adds the jumping factor. Ducati's style has random maps that change each time so you can learn new ricochets. The GU league stays on the HiX map so you can work on improving ricos, but you can memorize them.

So...don't leave us...join the leagues.....come join us :)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dereliction of duty »

camping is part of the game and always will be. Don't bother getting upset over that.

However, it can be used to spawn kill, which is wrong.

see ya on 1/1/11

My tent is strapped to the back of my tank so I'm set.
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tobylane »

Shame you see this on popular servers, brilliant maps, done by the people who are in the position to get rid of spawnkilling (admins) and improve the game.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

tobylane wrote:Shame you see this on popular servers, brilliant maps, done by the people who are in the position to get rid of spawnkilling (admins) and improve the game.
Technically, it's the map author's job to get rid of spawn killing. Admins don't do anything with the map file as they don't have access to the server's file system. (The server owner does, if that's what you mean)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Yrogirg »

btw, blast, why not to set gm shots limit on MW2.3? Maybe 30 (or 60?), like laser. Laser is strong when there are lots of players, gm --- when it is few, even stronger.

Well, I think 45 is fine. Or 30. Don't know.
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

Back!
Boy that was a while.
I can't really be bothered to read every forum post for the past 6 months (7?)... so could someone summarize stuff for me?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Forum was spammed, it was deleted. Collaborator was released. Noobs joined and asked dumb questions :P

Just read the posts that sound important and skip the rest :)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
darkid
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by darkid »

any good maps appart from the colaborator maps?
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

That depends on individual taste. Take a look at them yourself.