Apparent lack of interest.

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Apparent lack of interest.

Post by plokijuy »

So I started playing bz back in the days of 1.10.8 and I obsessed over it for about 6 years or so played playing for up to 4 hours every night without fail. Then I took a break, I don't really know why... I just did. So I came back after about a year of not playing only to find bz virtually deserted. The top servers had at maximum 15 players but by the bottom of the first pages there was between 0 and 2 people on. Just for the past hour I've been looking through the forums and just generally reminiscing about the times when viper, hix and overlord were always full. So much nostalgia... I actually get a pang of sadness thinking about it and how bz just seems so empty these days. It seems that there are too many new maps with experimental mods, ridiculous textures...

I just miss the good ol' days. Thoughts?
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Apparent lack of interest.

Post by dereliction of duty »

what version are you at? 2.4 is the latest and earlier versions won't see those servers that have upgraded.

Been at it for over 10+ yrs now (BZ anon doesn't work) - you are right in a sense though that there aren't many who play now.
Imperial_Flashness
Private
Private

Post by Imperial_Flashness »

Man! I have been playing bzflag for over 6 years off and on. Where is everybody? Most sites are deserted...
His Imperial Flashness
Dr. Rod Donovan
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

ttfkad wrote:what version are you at? 2.4 is the latest and earlier versions won't see those servers that have upgraded.
Yeah, I upgraded a few days ago but it's not really made that much of a difference. Just think back to say... 4 or 5 years ago when you were struggling to get a space on the top 5 servers. I really miss those days.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Those were the days. You had at least 150 players at any one time. That was the time when the servers were fighting to try to outnumber the number of players. We hit 100 players at one time in 2.4.0 last week, but numbers generally average around 40 right now. Pretty lonely nowadays.