Bzflag

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Lave
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bzflag

Post by Lave »

Well, I'm back for one last hurrah. Today I checked back in on the status of BZ, and sadly noticed that there wasn't a singular person on any of the servers. It seems to me that Bzflag has met its demise. The forums seem rarely to be visited any longer, much less any new posts written. So I am writing this post as a final far well. I have fond memory's of this game. Playing it, but even more so the social part of the game. Never have I played a game where the people in those little animated tanks seemed so REAL to me, so personable. Bzflags community will always be the best, small as it is. So to get to the point, if anyone is on these forums to even read this, I just ask that you post a story of how bzflag impacted your life, or just any story really. Once again, I thank you all for this amazing game! I haven't been active for the past couple months, but the game has still been sitting there on my computer. I will be uninstalling.

P.S.
The fact that I'm even writing this post shows just how much you guys have effected me! <3
Kitsune
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Bzflag

Post by Kitsune »

The activity really ranges by the time of the day. It's close if not zero players are online in the morning and all the way to the afternoon for me, while evening and night seem to stockpile even up to 20 players at a time. Times reference is in GMT when I write this post.

I've already timed my daily playtime based on that. As someone who has played around a decade overall, I find BZ to be a game and hangout I can call myself a veteran at, and I don't plan on leaving it any time soon, regardless of the fall in activity through the years. Even so, I wish you all the best with what you face in the future and hopefully you'll drop by here again in some time. Smaller fact, we have played multiple times in the past, even though I wasn't using this name. (:
Lave
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lave »

Hm, what name would that be?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Probably FangUp or Sub.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Kitsune
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kitsune »

Well, I take that back. The activity seems to be fluctuating, as visible a few days now. But yeah, the dead zero is a relatively rare occurrence. Though the entire community more or less sticks with Apoc, with Jungle and Easy Tank's being the runner-ups. It's even rare to see a BZTank map get active, which makes it quite unfortunate. The play indeed isn't varied anymore, but it all runs around approximately three main maps, with Apoc surely taking the lead...
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sniper752 »

Doesn't sound like this is the case, but double check that you're using the most recent version
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]