Survey

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Survey

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

I've created a simple survey for BZFlag.

1. Would you support a community effort to help bring back activity to BZFlag?
(Yes/No)
]2. Would you be in BZFlag if you were unable to join, chat or spawn when you first came to BZFlag?
(Yes/No)
3. Which maps and servers do you prefer/enjoy?
(Fill in the blank)
4. Why does BZFlag interest you?
(Fill in the blank)
5. Would you be interested in a large scale community project?
(Yes/No)
6. What are areas of BZFlag do you think can be improved/helped by the community?
(Fill in the blank)
7. Would the introduction of new game modes/settings interest you?
(Yes/No)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Survey

Post by Green Manalishi »

nice survey zehra.

1. no. the level of activity is almost sufficient for my liking. i wouldn't want to see hordes of new players joining on a regular basis, disrupting the game for the regulars by various means. not that it's ever gonna happen, thankfully.
2. heh NO!
3. too many individual maps to count, but maps by louman, ahs3, dutchrai, anomaly, animal lover, badgerking, jefenry, theman* & army of one (urban jungle), teamvss a.o. among the remaining few noteworthy servers, allejo's first, then benfish's bztank.
4. a) it's almost a closed community in which people know/play against each other since years (the feeling of visiting the local cafe or pub after work). b) it's a funny game thanks to quirky flags, which create funny situations. without power flags this game has zero playing value for me.
5. no, not even in a small scale one.
6. not much to improve. we are obviously way past the point of trying to compete with other multiplayer online games in terms of graphical and technical excellence. some new plug-ins could be created, which may or may not be interesting. one of the most successful examples is the /mine plugin. some excellent old maps could be hosted from time to time.
7. no. ffa with 3-5 shots, jumping and power flags is more than good enough for me (conservative much).
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Thanks Green. :)

*Zehra hopes to have at least 25 players for the survey.*

Hopefully it can be done in the next few weeks.

-Zehra

P.S. Surveys can be filled out and sent [to me] via private message where they can be posted on behalf of the sender.(This is available for those who do not wish to post.)
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The survey will be closed by the end of the year.
Please post or private message before the deadline.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Why don't you use services such as Google Forms or SurveyMonkey? Would probably make things easier for people to fill out the survey without having to publicly respond or send you a PM.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I haven't really thought of using Google Forms or SurveyMonkey, but it might be a good solution for a future survey.
Maybe next time I'll do it via Google Forms, but I'm unsure if it would give better results.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
leviathan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by leviathan »

It would. I don't want to publicly reveal all my standpoints.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

leviathan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm It would. I don't want to publicly reveal all my standpoints.
Next time a survey system will be used. Hopefully more input will happen.
The decision to not use one in the first place was due to privacy concerns some people might have, but the assumption was wrong.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
jhs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jhs »

1. Would you support a community effort to help bring back activity to BZFlag? Yes, although not sure exactly what is meant by "community effort"
2. Would you be in BZFlag if you were unable to join, chat or spawn when you first came to BZFlag? No, I despise servers/maps that block communication
3. Which maps and servers do you prefer/enjoy? Quickshot is my favorite, Apoc is ok but I'm beginning to tire of general harassers and am losing interest.
4. Why does BZFlag interest you? On a good day, it's a low-impact time waster with mostly fun people like myself :)
5. Would you be interested in a large scale community project? I have no idea what this means
6. What are areas of BZFlag do you think can be improved/helped by the community?
7. Would the introduction of new game modes/settings interest you? Sure.
hard tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hard tank »

1. Yeah, I would help to bring activity back. Not sure what the whole community idea means as players have differing levels of commitment etc.
2. No, personally I think the LU servers should allow new people to talk but not spawn. The first server any new person will ever join is mofo and they can talk there, but the language etc could easily scare them off, sadly.
3. I play hix ffa with no superflags. I despise mofo and I hate superflags :P
4. Its fun, and the community that I know is very close. It's possible to know all the players quite well which is nice.
5. Large scale community project? I don't think you could get most active players to take part it something like that, to be honest.
6. Make sure people can talk on LU servers to help activity there.
7. No - We should build on what we have and.... get more people on hix ffa :D
P.S next time, for the love of god use google forums or something similar. Thanks
Ciao for now, bai bye!

-Tom
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Survey has been closed, thanks for all your input.
Happy New Year everyone.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The survey has been completed and filled out by three people with the results and observations below.

1. Would you support a community effort to help bring back activity to BZFlag?
33% No / 66% Yes

2. Would you be in BZFlag if you were unable to join, chat or spawn when you first came to BZFlag?
100% No / 0% Yes

3. Which maps and servers do you prefer/enjoy?
(Percentage not used due to not being a yes/no question.) (Notes taken into account.)
Majority of players appear to prefer fancy 2.0 maps, compare to 1.0 maps.
Majority of players appear to prefer free for all maps.
Majority of players appear to prefer maps containing super flags.

4. Why does BZFlag interest you?
(Percentage not used due to not being a yes/no question.) (Notes taken into account.)
Majority of players say the community and the value it has to them.
Flags and it being an easy game being another reason.

5. Would you be interested in a large scale community project?
33% No / 66% Unclear

New plug-ins, hosting of excellent maps and removal of talk restrictions on league servers.

7. Would the introduction of new game modes/settings interest you?
66% No / 33% Yes

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread