Community Project

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Community Project

Post by Zehra »

Hi all,

I'm interested in starting a small scale effort to make minor improvements to BZFlag.
In previous threads, artwork, texture packs, audio files and other items were posted.
This provided some alternatives and also gave some other options if someone wanted a different style or theme.
(Sadly some items were lost due to link rot and resulted in many items no longer being available.)

Q: Why not create some new content?
A: One person can create some new content, but can't create all, also everyone is different and what works for one, might not work for another.

Q: Whats the end goal of this project?
A: It's mostly for fun and to hopefully provide something other players will also enjoy.

Q: How can I help?
A: By providing advice, suggestions, also creation of content, like texture packs, maps and possibly new plug-ins along with other things.

Q: How can I get involved?
A: You can reply to this thread or private message me.

Q: Why are you starting this project?
A: I think it will improve activity in BZFlag.(Also might give us some excellent textures to use.)

Q: Why start this project now?
A: It's a new year, so a new effort and the perfect time to start a project like this.

Q: What happens if nobody joins this project?
A: It will continue, but not as much content will be released, nor as quickly as it could have been.

Q: What happens if it is successful?
A: If the project is successful, I'll start another similar effort.

Q: Do you have other projects?
A: Yes, a number of them and they will be posted on my blog.

If there is anything I missed, please private message me or reply to this topic.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
The Noah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Community Project

Post by The Noah »

I've started a new texture pack, it will be ready soon. Also, a new HUD UI.

The Noah
I've been working on a real-time stats site called BZList, please check it out! It is still in active development, so some features are missing and watch out for bugs.

GitHub · Website · Get in touch · Stalk Me