Unexpected Disconnections by Servers and what to do if they happen.

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unexpected Disconnections by Servers and what to do if they happen.

Post by Super Android 13 »

Buzzy here,

Most times, I have been unexpectedly disconnected from servers, just because they re-boot, crash, or because internet connection is interrupted. But over the course of many months, I have been suddenly disconnected from servers like Optic Delusion's Apocalypse map, but my account remains on the server. . This has happened while I've been playing as Buzzy_Beetle, and when I've been playing as my other "beetle" callsigns like "Reverse-Geno_Beetle". Although I don't know why this happens, there is a very easy solution to this problem, no matter if the person is an administrator, observer, or a basic user. When the disconnection occurs, the account's packet-loss and lag begin to rise to a very high level. Eventually, that account will get kicked for excessive warnings. That is when you can rejoin. Some of you may know why the disconnections occur, but for those who have never experienced it, this is what to do if it ever happens. Just an advisory. Some of you guys who have been here longer than I may know a better solution, but this is what to do first. Good luck.

Buzzy_Beetle.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

blast
General
General

Re: Unexpected Disconnections by Servers and what to do if they happen.

Post by blast »

The loss/lag values for a disconnected client are not going to be useful values, since.. all the packets for that connection is lost, and the lag is an average over a period of time. With a registered name, you should be able to reconnect right away since it should ghost the old connection off.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

You may have to wait up to three minutes after a callsign goes NR (non-responsive) until the server automatically kills the connection.
The reason you went NR will almost always be on your end, or somewhere in the middle, and only rarely will the server be at fault.
If it's the server's problem, usually EVERYBODY loses connection, not just one player.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

I think I've seen a case or two where it takes much longer for the server to disconnect someone, especially when observer.

If you are using an unregistered alias, it can take a while for the other one to disconnect, so usually adding a '.' to the end of the callsign is a way to avoid the wait time.(Some servers might prohibit/not permit more than 1 connection per IP though, so this is something to consider.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread