Another Accomplishment! + A temporary farewell

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
Super Android 13
Private First Class
Private First Class

Another Accomplishment! + A temporary farewell

Post by Super Android 13 »

Hello guys, Buzzy here.

I wanted to give a shoutout for us reaching another huge milestone: 28000 members! So much has happened over the years, and we've reached this in less than 20 years! I'm so happy for this! :D

However, some of you may have noticed that I haven't been playing BZFlag for several days. I will not be playing BZFlag for a while :( , due to a RAM problem with my laptop. My old mid-2012 Macbook Pro still works fine overall, but it's RAM keeps failing whenever I load BZFlag or the laptop experiences any sudden crashes, bumps, or shifts while it's not turned off. Sometimes it will restart automatically, while other times, it will experience "The Three Beeps of Death", as some people call it. I suspect that my RAM may be loosely fitted, but I don't have a screwdriver on me at the moment, so every time the Macbook does the triple beep, I have to give it a few bumps and wait a while to get it up and running again. :arrow: Feel free to post any solutions in the comments, as I will still be able to read the BZFlag forums, just not be able to play the game itself. To my friends Optic_Delusion, Kierra, D-FENS, Mofo, Noah, and many more: I regret that I will not be able to participate in any competitive and fun matches or see progress on my favorite maps, due to this problem :cry: . And reaching the end of my boarding school year means exams, so I would be less active anyway. I will return when the problem is addressed, but that will probably take from a few weeks to a month. :(

As always, keep up the great battles, go big for ELO rankings, and Congratulations for 28000 members! I hope we can achieve many more in the coming years! :)

Sincerely, Buzzy_Beetle.
I play lots of games, though this older game is still one of my favorites. Whenever I am not busy with work, you may find me occasionally on the Apocalypse, Urban Jungle, or Quickshot servers.

Formerly Buzzy_Beetle, MORTIS, Android 16

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Another Accomplishment! + A temporary farewell

Post by Zehra »

We'll miss you Buzzy, hope you'll get your Macbook fixed soon.
As for 28,000 members, I'd only wish some more were active. :wink:

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'm sure at least half of those accounts are unactivated accounts that have never been used, as I believe phpBB counts all users in the database. :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

14,000 is a very good amount too!

And, yes: return, people, to play this fun and challenging game!