The Story of Your Callsign

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
WarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WarPig »

where did my callsign come from?

well...when is first started to play bzflag, as an unregistered user. i often chnaged it to names like "plasma" or "Saturn" but as i played on i realised i had to find myself a proper, good name!! so i thought and thought...and then i gave up! i went through to the living room and turned on the TV. an advert for "black Sabbath" (a band) and one of their songs was entitled "WarPig" and BANG i had it!!
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

My cousin randomly nicknamed me... It isn't a very manly nickname (is she hinting or something? :lol-old: )
The_Law
Private
Private

Post by The_Law »

about 8-9 years ago, I remember Sylvester Stalone in the movie "Judge Dredd" when he said " I am The Law". liked that sentence and been using my nick ever since.
ludachris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ludachris »

My nickname always changes.
I doubt this is the last. :cry:
crunchy frog
Private First Class
Private First Class

My Call Sign

Post by crunchy frog »

I guess, since I've been playing the game for a few years now, it's time to leave a post or two.
Crunchy Frog is a chocolate featured in the Monty Python's Flying Circus sketch, Whizzo Chocolates:

Praline: Next we have number four, 'crunchy frog'.
Milton: Ah, yes.
Praline: Am I right in thinking there's a real frog in here?
Milton: Yes. A little one.
Praline: What sort of frog?
Milton: A dead frog.
Praline: Is it cooked?
Milton: No.
Praline: What, a raw frog?
(Superintendent Parrot looks increasingly queasy.)
Milton: We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.
Praline: That's as maybe, it's still a frog.
Milton: What else?
Praline: Well don't you even take the bones out?
Milton: If we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy would it?
Praline: Superintendent Parrot ate one of those.
Parrot: Excuse me a moment. (exits hurriedly)
Milton: It says 'crunchy frog' quite clearly.
Praline: Well, the superintendent thought it was an almond whirl. People won't expect there to be a frog in there. They're bound to think it's some form of mock frog.
Milton: (insulted) Mock frog? We use no artificial preservatives or additives of any kind!
Praline: Nevertheless, I must warn you that in future you should delete the words 'crunchy frog', and replace them with the legend 'crunchy raw unboned real dead frog', if you want to avoid prosecution.
Milton: What about our sales?
Praline: I'm not interested in your sales, I have to protect the general public.
Here's a link to the sketch on youtube: WHIZZO

So, there...
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

i chose "plokijuy" for the reason that its easy to remember, quick to type and all of the keys used are close together. so thats my life story told.
lodxcol
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lodxcol »

I chose justin because it is my name.
ludachris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ludachris »

On one of my games I closed my eyes and chose random letters.
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

All my callsign is is my name. its that simple :P
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton
MLC 1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MLC 1 »

I plat tennis with some other kids and we was playin this game where everyone gets 3 lives. Well the other team (which was mostly girls) thought that lives was sad because when you lose them you die so instead of lives they called them flowers. :roll: Then they changed thier team name to the My Little Ponies (Gag). So i had the idea of changing our lives to bleeding hearts and changing our name to My Little Chainsaws. We Killed them every round (almost literally) i hit a girl in the face and she had a massive welt :twisted: (not on purpose of course). That is why i chose MyLittleChainsaw as my SN. :D
My little chainsaw doesn't SEE people it SAWS people.
ludachris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ludachris »

LOL! :lol-old: I thought MyLittleChainsaw was a parody of MyLittlePonies (the toy.)

zuppo
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

My last name (Kruik) is Dutch and, when pronounced correctly sounds like croak, and thus, Da Frog Guy was born.
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

My name has no story behind it lol Its just my name :)
Benji
Private First Class
Private First Class

Benji

Post by Benji »

My callsign is Benji because Benji is my real name.
Ellri Nidhogg
Private First Class
Private First Class

My calsign is

Post by Ellri Nidhogg »

I am interested in mythology of all kinds. I was obsessed with norce mythology for a while. I learned of the underworld dragon the nidhoggr. That calsign was an admins so i reaserched more norce words and found out that "nidhogg" was a dragon and "r" signified that it was the dragon. I then looked up a old norse dictionary and came up with Ellri (elder) Nidhogg (dragon)
ludachris
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ludachris »

I made up a word because someone was cursing at me but I thought I said QuailMuffin. :roll:
Last edited by ludachris on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haingi
Private
Private

Post by haingi »

the story behind MY callsign is... er... i sorta made it up one day in mid-year '05 and have always used it since... so.. uh.. i guess that's it. i also own this 'Corporation' i made fairly recently called Haingi Corp.
Kesnar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesnar »

Last year I woke up and I thought that I had to have a callsign.So I sit in my bed for half an hour and I was thinking.Finally I ended in Kesnar(I like this callsign very much)
daniel jackson
Private First Class
Private First Class

The story of my callsign

Post by daniel jackson »

Once upon a time there was a movie called Stargate. Once opon of a time that movie had a nerdy archeologist that had allergies. That character's name was daniel jackson! Do you have a tissue? lol
Reorx
Private
Private

Post by Reorx »

I thought the Red vs Blue series (made by Rooster Teeth) was super funny. sooooooo, I had to choose one of the characters names as mine. I thought for a moment on which character I was most like. It turned out to be Caboose! Random :shock: , not so smart :oops: , and deadly! :twisted:
urbanracer34
Private First Class
Private First Class

story of my callsign

Post by urbanracer34 »

I had started playing Need for Speed Underground 2 for the PS2 online. Most of the game takes place in a city called Bayview, so why not go with urban? Urban basically means relating to a city or town. And I was a big racer on NFSU2. And that is where Urbanracer came from. The "34" was added on to make it more unique.

I have retired from playing NFSU2, but the name is very much alive!
Enterprise
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Enterprise »

Mine came around because I was setting up my acount and StarTrek came on the TV. So not really having thought of a name previously I called myself Enterprise after the USS Enterprise.
Bugs
Private
Private

Post by Bugs »

Hehe... I watch TV series "Bugs"
G5 Serenity 2011
Private
Private

G5 Serenity Again

Post by G5 Serenity 2011 »

My callsign goes back a few years. It started when I bought my Apple G4 Cube, then I upgraded to a G5 tower. Somewhere along the way, I started watching Firefly the TV show (2002?) then the followup movie "Serenity" came out, so I added that to my callsign, followed in 2006 by a for-charity re-release in 2006, so that added the "Again" part :) Been thinking of changing my name tho :?
StainlessSteelRat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by StainlessSteelRat »

...We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society. It was easier in the old days, of course, and society had more rats when the rules were looser, just as old wooden buildings have more rats than concrete buildings. But there are rats in the building now as well. Now that society is all ferrocrete and stainless steel there are fewer gaps in the joints. It takes a very smart rat indeed to find these openings. Only a stainless steel rat can be at home in this environment...

-The Stainless Steel Rat, Harry Harrison
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_Steel_Rat

The books are good, fun, campy sci-fi, and I always liked the image of the rat evolving to keep up with society. Plus it provides everyone with good fodder for jokes. One of the guys at work plays as "Teflon Squirrel" just to taunt me, and I get no end of cheese jokes on the servers ;-) All in good fun.