Page 1 of 9

Funniest BZ Flag Moment?

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:09 am
by The Vet
The funniest moments on BZ to me:

- When the 10-player Blue team got genoed in secretplace, right when they had Shockwave, Guided Missle, Laser and had declared the NW corner of the map as "The Blue Territories".

- Challenging Gone To Pern to a Five-Fingered Duel (first to five kills on the other wins) and sniping him with the laser by chance (seriously, the beam bounced several times before hitting him. I was suprised that I even hit him!).

- After I killed High Karate Kitty several times for sniping me several times in a row:

High Karate Kitty: You didn't get to the top by helping little old ladies cross the street did you?

Me: You're right, I just led them to the middle and ran.

- A whole hour long chat about what would happen if The Matrix and Star Wars collided and there was an Agent Jar Jar.

- Singing Hot Hot Heat's "Goodnight Goodnight" after getting the lowest score in a secretplace game:

Goodnight, goodnight.
You're embarrasing me,
You're embarrasing us.


- Someone calling Men Without Hats, 'coldhead'.[/i]

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:16 am
by RPG
- One time (at secretplace) there was a rougue laser camping on top of one of the houses in the corner. 3 blue guys surrounded the house from the ground, and they all jumped up to shoot the rogue at the same time. However, the rouge jumped too, and all of the blue shots killed each other. Needless to say, the rouge kept pwning unscathed.

- A friend and I were on Secretplace from midnight to 2:00 AM once, fighting over who loved a make believe character called "Ellyn Rosenthal" more. Eventually the whole server got into it, including SportChick and HighKarateKitty, and we were all fighting over who loved Ellyn Rosenthal more :).

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:57 am
by Hannibal
hmmm, cant say ive had to many funny moments on bzflag, at least not many that i can remember, but heres the one i do:

when, on mofo from like midnight to 1am, BIYA, L4m3r, me, and passion of the tank were discussing how BIYA had slipped on ice and then sued the school district and won.

ya,its not that funny, :cry: but oh well

Snickers

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:32 am
by The Vet
when, on mofo from like midnight to 1am, BIYA, L4m3r, me, and passion of the tank were discussing how BIYA had slipped on ice and then sued the school district and won.

:shock: > :roll: > :lol-old:

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:06 am
by L4m3r
The Vet wrote:- A whole hour long chat about what would happen if The Matrix and Star Wars collided and there was an Agent Jar Jar.
That was hysterical. :lol:
Phalanx wrote:hmmm, cant say ive had to many funny moments on bzflag, at least not many that i can remember, but heres the one i do:

when, on mofo from like midnight to 1am, BIYA, L4m3r, me, and passion of the tank were discussing how BIYA had slipped on ice and then sued the school district and won.

ya,its not that funny, :cry: but oh well
Yeah, that was amusing. I love all the immature mom jokes on mofo... especially when /say is used.

SERVER: <insert victim's callsign here> loves his mom and you can too for just $19.95 + shipping!
<insert victim's callsign here>: /me thinks that isn't funny anymore
L4m3r: /me thinks someone is jealous
<other random person>: Jealous over his own mom? hahaha

So lame and immature, but somehow still funny.

This morning, on mofo (red vs. blue), James4 and I were both sitting on the roof of our base with GM, annhilating any red tank that dared come too close to our flag. That worked for a while... then Wonko The Sane joined the game. He spawned right next to the base (too close for us to hit him), found a SW right there, killed us both, but also managed to coax James4 off the roof... so Wonko took the GM flag. it sucked. :(

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:30 am
by H0ley
L4m3r wrote:
The Vet wrote:- A whole hour long chat about what would happen if The Matrix and Star Wars collided and there was an Agent Jar Jar.
That was hysterical. :lol:
Phalanx wrote:hmmm, cant say ive had to many funny moments on bzflag, at least not many that i can remember, but heres the one i do:

when, on mofo from like midnight to 1am, BIYA, L4m3r, me, and passion of the tank were discussing how BIYA had slipped on ice and then sued the school district and won.

ya,its not that funny, :cry: but oh well
Yeah, that was amusing. I love all the immature mom jokes on mofo... especially when /say is used.

SERVER: <insert victim's callsign here> loves his mom and you can too for just $19.95 + shipping!
<insert victim's callsign here>: /me thinks that isn't funny anymore
L4m3r: /me thinks someone is jealous
<other random person>: Jealous over his own mom? hahaha

So lame and immature, but somehow still funny.
LMAO! I remember that day with BIYA (I'm passion of the tank btw). Oh that was too funny. Remember how he said he was gonna sue the school for millions? That was too funny.

Oh and I included the handling for free :wink:

There was one time when Men Without Hats started arguing about the phrase "owned." It went something with me saying owned, then he said rented, then I said incorporated, then he said lease.... etc I think we get the point. It went on like this for about 15 mins.

Long live Planet Mofo!

Re: Funniest BZ Flag Moment?

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:17 am
by iced
The Vet wrote:The funniest moments on BZ to me:

- When the 10-player Blue team got genoed in secretplace, right when they had Shockwave, Guided Missle, Laser and had declared the NW corner of the map as "The Blue Territories".

- Challenging Gone To Pern to a Five-Fingered Duel (first to five kills on the other wins) and sniping him with the laser by chance (seriously, the beam bounced several times before hitting him. I was suprised that I even hit him!).

- After I killed High Karate Kitty several times for sniping me several times in a row:

High Karate Kitty: You didn't get to the top by helping little old ladies cross the street did you?

Me: You're right, I just led them to the middle and ran.

- A whole hour long chat about what would happen if The Matrix and Star Wars collided and there was an Agent Jar Jar.

- Singing Hot Hot Heat's "Goodnight Goodnight" after getting the lowest score in a secretplace game:

Goodnight, goodnight.
You're embarrasing me,
You're embarrasing us.


- Someone calling Men Without Hats, 'coldhead'.[/i]
Dude seriousely Secretplace is such a noob server

Re: Funniest BZ Flag Moment?

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:34 am
by birdie
Dude seriousely Secretplace is such a noob server[quote]

ehm its a bit laggy, but certainly not a noob server

there are moments i do good but somethimes i have hard times to get a nice score

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:18 am
by Green Manalishi
at overlord there was this guy who had oo and i had thief. i stole his oo and he never knew. i was right behind him, so he tried to get into the building in apparent panic, driving back and forth a few times before getting shot.. lmao

there was talk about possible bad flags for future versions. rc cola came up with the idea of a humiliation flag, which would make your tank appear in rainbow colors and make creaky noises. :lol-old:

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:28 am
by cookiecutter
This wasn't that funny at the time, but looking at it is a little amusing.

So I was on Secretplace, and I had SR. I was going down one of those long platforms in secretplace, when I saw a teammate with SW right ahead of me. Not wanting to kill him, I tried to jump over him. He proceeded to jump into me, and shoot his SW killing us both.

I was content to say sorry and shrug it off as a newbie move. However, this guy would not get off how I killed him. He proceeded to get angrier and angrier as I explained that, no he had killed himself (and me) when he jumped into my tank. He got so angry that he started shooting green tanks (unsuccessfully) until he was booted. :D

Although I was a little pissed at thie time of this it was kinda funny how the whole thing played out.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:13 pm
by ducatiwannabe
I was playing bzflag with the player called pop :) and we both saw the same flag and rushed for it. Of course we both wanted the same flag, and we were chatting it's mine it's mine! And naturally I did get it first....and it was SR :)

BOOM! :D

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:21 pm
by Guest
Lol, dw. That has happened to me before too. :D

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:08 pm
by Green Manalishi
there is also a burrowed flag version of that.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:16 pm
by Pimpinella
there had been many funny moments while playing bz, too many to remember them in particular, i remember a very sad moment though:

I joined xmission (running HiX2 that time) and only one other player was there, asdf iirc. we started duelling each other, though nobody died. Advantage switched between us again and again but even when both of us had SB we didn't manage to kill each other - both playing 100% risk, no hiding, no tactics, just berserk style. This was maybe for 3-4 minutes (which is loooooooooooooong in bz) until finally another player spawned and killed asdf. His only comment before he left was "ruined a perfect match", this was exactly my feeling. Years have passed since, but i still remember...

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:09 pm
by Glassjaw
Pimpinella wrote: until finally another player spawned and killed asdf. His only comment before he left was "ruined a perfect match", this was exactly my feeling. Years have passed since, but i still remember...
you make it sound like you both got depressed after that moment :p

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:21 pm
by Pimpinella
at least i felt sad the whole day. that duel was the best i ever experienced while playing bz

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:13 pm
by The Red Baron
Pimpinella wrote:at least i felt sad the whole day. that duel was the best i ever experienced while playing bz
knowing you and asdf that was one hell of duel!!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:42 am
by QuantumBeep
I was the main person to blame for the Star Wars/Matrix crossover. The rest of 'em are too chicken to tell you that we also had some rather good Matr/Dr. Suess poetry going.
And, of course, we were planning a complete screenplay entitle Matrix wars IV: Revenge of the Smith

I remember!!!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:20 am
by The Vet
QuantumBeep wrote:I was the main person to blame for the Star Wars/Matrix crossover. The rest of 'em are too chicken to tell you that we also had some rather good Matr/Dr. Suess poetry going.
And, of course, we were planning a complete screenplay entitle Matrix wars IV: Revenge of the Smith
I am Smith I am,
And fighting the Sith I am,
A while I eat my eggs and ham,
And try to rid the network spam.

Would you eat green eggs and ham?
Would you eat with The Trainman?
Neo does not use a lightsaber to eat Ham,
Skywalker will not play and hover his Spam.

:wink:

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:56 am
by BIYA
For those who think im kidding.

Not for millions but for almost $300,000. By the way my laywer whent to court with them like 4 weeks ago. The judge did not grant them Sovern Imunity which if he/she gave that to them it would be imposible for us to sew them, but the judge said "Out of the goodness of my heart, I cannot give these people sovern immunity" Now they either pay it or they get sent to trial then I might have to go there and speak. Im highly doubt that I am gonna get what we are asking for but im sure its gonna be over 1,000 cause my medical bills for all 4 of my surgeries cost roughly $150,000. 2 pins, 9 screws, and a plate, in which were all titanium. They gave them to me in a jar to keep :).... Its funny to me seeing that people actually think snapping my ankle in to, chipping my growth plate (Which could lead to one leg being longer than the other but happly it did'nt :lol-old: ) and snapping my leg in two also. They did'nt put sand down on the school parking lots, and I broke my leg on it. They deserve it.


My most funniest times were when I was on the HideNSeek server with Laser and I was jumpy and shooting lasers at wings. Knocked down about 10 before they got mad and ganged up on me.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:06 am
by Guest
biya wrote:Not for millions but for almost $300,000. By the way my laywer whent to court with them like 4 weeks ago. The judge did not grant them Sovern Imunity which if he/she gave that to them it would be imposible for us to sew them, but the judge said "Out of the goodness of my heart, I cannot give these people sovern immunity" Now they either pay it or they get sent to trial then I might have to go there and speak. Im highly doubt that I am gonna get what we are asking for but im sure its gonna be over 1,000 cause my medical bills for all 4 of my surgeries cost roughly $150,000. 2 pins, 9 screws, and a plate, in which were all titanium. They gave them to me in a jar to keep .... Its funny to me seeing that people actually think snapping my ankle in to, chipping my growth plate (Which could lead to one leg being longer than the other but happly it did'nt ) and snapping my leg in two also. They did'nt put sand down on the school parking lots, and I broke my leg on it. They deserve it.
1. Thats not bz related... Unless a tank ran over you? Or maybe you were playing bz on your laptop and didnt look where you were going? (J/K)

2. It doesn't sound funny. It sounds Painful :!:

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:42 pm
by Hannibal
CannonBallGuy wrote:
biya wrote:Not for millions but for almost $300,000. By the way my laywer whent to court with them like 4 weeks ago. The judge did not grant them Sovern Imunity which if he/she gave that to them it would be imposible for us to sew them, but the judge said "Out of the goodness of my heart, I cannot give these people sovern immunity" Now they either pay it or they get sent to trial then I might have to go there and speak. Im highly doubt that I am gonna get what we are asking for but im sure its gonna be over 1,000 cause my medical bills for all 4 of my surgeries cost roughly $150,000. 2 pins, 9 screws, and a plate, in which were all titanium. They gave them to me in a jar to keep .... Its funny to me seeing that people actually think snapping my ankle in to, chipping my growth plate (Which could lead to one leg being longer than the other but happly it did'nt ) and snapping my leg in two also. They did'nt put sand down on the school parking lots, and I broke my leg on it. They deserve it.
1. Thats not bz related... Unless a tank ran over you? Or maybe you were playing bz on your laptop and didnt look where you were going? (J/K)

2. It doesn't sound funny. It sounds Painful :!:
no, just that isnt funny, but the discussion we had was good, and i kept trying to get on top of the pyramids above the bases because i wanted to obs but couldnt, so biya kicked holey and let me have his obs spot, then holey was mad. and since when does a discussion you have while playing have to be bzflag-related?

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:41 pm
by Guest
Ah. A discussion whilst playing... Then that counts... but I still don't see how its funny. lol :P

Oh Boy

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:21 pm
by Gerbil
I don't know if this is more embarassing than funny becasue I despise all the "gerbil' jokes I hear but one night I was chatting with my usual bad typing skills and when a player asked, "Where are you?" I replied, "I'm in gere." (I was inside a building he was near and my finger hit the "g" instead of "h".

On the other hand, I thought it was hysterical when everyone went blue to kill me becasue I was camping with GM in a badly designed world. I was 89-0 against 14 players before they got me and it took them nearly an hour.........hehehehehehehehehehe.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:42 am
by skunkworker
Well, I was playing apollyon earlier today in a short game of 1 v 1 rabbit chase, he had GM and I was PZ'd. I jumped at him, he fired, the GM circled closely around me and I ran into him, killing him with his own GM. That's about the only funny thing I remember.