Most useless flag ever

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )

Most useless flag ever

Poll ended at Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Identify (ID)
3%
Machine Gun (MG)
3%
Rapid Fire (RF)
3%
Seer (SE)
No votes
Genocide (G)
No votes
Phantom Zone (PZ)
28%
Useless (US)
62%

Total votes: 29

Bobert
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobert »

MG is good, that pol is rigged lol
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Jamming! Anyone can sneak up on you from behind... :evil:
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

Seer is the worst
I can keep usless for a while but as soon as i get seer i drop it
I dont know why
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

I only use seer on a map with lots of cloaking and stealth. If those two flags aren't that popular, then I drop it too
Genosse Dark Lord
Private First Class
Private First Class

Masquerade

Post by Genosse Dark Lord »

Masquerade is the most useless flag ever
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

me2 wrote:US(useless, not United States) if useful, because while the guy is checking if you have laser, SW or whatever, you kill him. :)
you do have a point. they go checking to see if you have st ,seer ext. i would say pz :)
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

there is no possible way to notify anyone if they have ST, unless your modifying the source code. The ONLY way, without mods, is to physically see the ST tank, or its shot's

there are other ways, like memory, and common sense but you gotta learn those yourself ;), Useless has no use, and PZ has very limited use.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Davy Jones wrote:there is no possible way to notify anyone if they have ST, unless your modifying the source code. The ONLY way, without mods, is to physically see the ST tank, or its shot's

there are other ways, like memory, and common sense but you gotta learn those yourself ;), Useless has no use, and PZ has very limited use.
They can check if they have Seer.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

OOPs, forgot about seer for a moment. Yea, seer would work.
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

strayer wrote: I like PZ because without changing to observer mode you can explore a map and you can confuse new players who shot through you and you are not exploding.
i like it when 2 teammates try to kill me at opposite sides and shoot each other and if one has genocide it's really funny :D
but for shooting it sux alot! :twisted:
Last edited by jack on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

for exploring maps it is also not that good. you can only explore things in your jumping range cause you cant jump on top of things with pz. you could only see first floor things making it almost usless at exploring.
Ozor Mox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ozor Mox »

I've used phantom zone to help me capture the flag before. I teleported to the phantom zone, drove right up to the opponents base unable to be shot, and teleported back to normal through a teleporter near them. Then I quickly dropped the PZ flag, grabbed the enemy flag, and went for the teleporter again to get out of reach and take the flag home.

So it can be useful for capturing flags, and also for decoys if you are really working as a team, but I do wonder for what purpose it was put in to the game. It doesn't seem to have any obvious benefit.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Colorblindness always throws me off when I'm on a map with lots of my teammates. I just kind of sit there and don't do anything for fear of teamkilling. However, if I'm on a map with very few or no teammates, then I'll just shoot anyone nearby (I usually glance at the radar when picking up a flag, so I usually know which is which anyway)