Post by Albino Blacksheep »

just wondering if anyone has tips on doging guided missile
i can never do it
-Albino Blacksheep
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Drive perpendicularly in relation to the GM and then move out of the way right before it hits you.
Last edited by Triumph of the Soul on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

This has been posted, discussed, etc. etc. many times, did you try searching? it's a really nifty feature, Anyways, just go in a circle around the GM'r and close in on him, you can't really explian it any further...
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

You don't always need to go in a circle, sometimes, just go at a 90 degree angle to them, and if possible, go hide behind something. They will probably lose interest in you if they are camping and just wish to kill hopeless noobs.
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

That to...i was posting most common...although i use 90º some
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

For those trying to kill dodgers/shoot round corners

To get dodgers, don't lock on, shoot a spread across about 45 degrees, with the center at the dodging tank, then lock on them. It's good to team up with a ST player so they can limit the dodging tanks movements a bit.

Same with shooting round corners, wait till the missile has passed the obstruction, then lock on, this really supprises people on Two Castles.
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

Also GM has a max turn angle, _gmTurnAngle. This is a serverside variable. Default is 0.628319 radians which is about 36 degrees. I've seen some servers set it really high; like > 900 degrees. :? Anyway dodging really means being able to out turn the GM. Or getting behind an obstruction after lockon. And GM has a minimum activation time, default is 0.5 seconds. If you're really close to the shooter the GM can't lock and activate. If it hits you though it can still kill you.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

anomaly wrote:And GM has a minimum activation time, default is 0.5 seconds. If you're really close to the shooter the GM can't lock and activate. If it hits you though it can still kill you.
Actually they can lock onto you and shoot at you, it just can't kill you within the activation time.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

Is that why it is impossible to kill someone with gm when they are a second or less away? I've always wondered how that worked. So if the server sets it, gms could be activated in a extremely short period of time, causing even close tanks to be killed?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:Is that why it is impossible to kill someone with gm when they are a second or less away? I've always wondered how that worked. So if the server sets it, gms could be activated in a extremely short period of time, causing even close tanks to be killed?
The delay was put it to help prevent players from shooting themselves with GM while moving forward. Decreasing it can induce this issue once again.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

You will get shot if you set it at 0 or below, and u can't move at all if it's lower than .3

even then a short movement will shott urself
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

blast wrote: Actually they can lock onto you and shoot at you, it just can't kill you within the activation time.
Yes thats true. (I looked at the code) I have gotten shot very close to a GM shooter at my server, it seems closer than 0.5 second, but with lag, memory, etc... I actually shot myself with GM at a server once. :shock: I may have been moving. The turnangle was really high, shots looked like they came out of the back and sides of some tanks. I didn't think to look at the activation time. You could rarely escape a GM on that server.
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

Thx for all your help!
Ill try it all out
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

drive perpindicular to the GM fired at you
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

blast wrote:
A Vicious Muffin wrote:Is that why it is impossible to kill someone with gm when they are a second or less away? I've always wondered how that worked. So if the server sets it, gms could be activated in a extremely short period of time, causing even close tanks to be killed?
The delay was put it to help prevent players from shooting themselves with GM while moving forward. Decreasing it can induce this issue once again.
The downfall and ruin of GM :(
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
zaa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zaa »

I just hide behind a wall :D

-f!