is cloaking invinsible to laser??

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

is cloaking invinsible to laser??

Post by chicken fingers »

i heard it somewhere that will not be mentioned that cloaking is invincible to laser because that laser is a sniper weapon that most cloaking shots would be mistakes i have never tried or seen anyone shoot someone with cloaking with a laser flag just want to be sure its posible or not
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Cloaked tanks cannot be hit by laser (think about it for a minute - a laser is a beam of light; a cloaked tank is invisible, meaning light passes straight through it).
too much loving
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: is cloaking invinsible to laser??

Post by too much loving »

chicken fingers wrote:i heard it somewhere that will not be mentioned that cloaking is invincible to laser because that laser is a sniper weapon that most cloaking shots would be mistakes i have never tried or seen anyone shoot someone with cloaking with a laser flag just want to be sure its posible or not
It is true that a tank with laser cannot kill a tank with cloaking. The best solution is to drop the laser flag and try to shoot the cloaked tank with normal bullets.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

ok ty for the help now i wont loose to cloaking so easily so watch out!!
too much loving
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by too much loving »

chicken fingers wrote:ok ty for the help now i wont loose to cloaking so easily so watch out!!
I will..
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

And just so you know, though you may already, stealth is somewhat invincible to guided missiles. A guided missile can't lock on to a player with stealth, though they can still shoot the missiles like normal bullets.

*shuts up*

Glad you found out what you needed.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

i already new about stealt and guided missiles i aways use st on gm on 2 tanks. and it works good because u can sneek your way up behide the guidied missle and kill him easily. and i found most players dont know that u can't lock on or look atan stealth tank it funny to watch themm waste their guidied missile ammo trying to hit you. well anyway thanks for letting me know thati hope to kill u laser sniping with a cloking flag someday.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

chicken fingers wrote:i already new about stealt and guided missiles i aways use st on gm on 2 tanks. and it works good because u can sneek your way up behide the guidied missle and kill him easily. and i found most players dont know that u can't lock on or look atan stealth tank it funny to watch themm waste their guidied missile ammo trying to hit you. well anyway thanks for letting me know thati hope to kill u laser sniping with a cloking flag someday.
Oh, but they can hit you. The bullets just won't track you, but if they hit you (like a regular bullet) you die. The only time they don't is if you are close enough to the tank with GM, that the arm time hasn't passed before the bullet has passed you. And that doesn't matter what flag you have, it's just a limitation of the GM flag.