everyone knows I cant practice what I preach... Geno Tactics

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
tobylane
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: everyone knows I cant practice what I preach... Geno Tactics

Post by tobylane »

I was lucky enough to use geno twice today, and to hold it on another map.

Where it spawns in a known place, e.g. Missile Wars,
Getting - St if there is a gm, cl/gm otherwise. You might as well be quick, doubt it's vital. Don't be afraid if there is someone on the last jump on the other side, they are an easy target. If you have geno and there is someone on one of the near three pillars, go for it. I see it a lot. If you went foward, just keep going, you'll probably get someone on the way in. If you go back/sideways, pyramids are a common choice.

Protection - Laser from laser room (as soon as they drop cl, and avoid the geno coming to you) as soon as possible. Often you can shoot them from the laser room when they jump off the first pillar. Gm can get geno from pretty much anywhere far forward enough, shockwave is still a use if you get near/under. If they fall off try using laser. If they go in pyramid use special bullet. Don't go out unless you have sb or gm.

On other maps like Two Tanks, you will randomly come across geno. It's so rare, I don't see people trying to get it. If you get it, I suggest going back to your base, possibly cannoning over. If an opponent gets it, just watch. It is very weak compared to your laser/gm/etc.
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Wow.
Everybody seems to have "geno-plans" laid out.
When your LittleLep, you get Geno, hunt the worst player on the opposite team (score wise) and wait until hes in the open. Shoot maybe one shot and make him jump....[BOOM] +10 points :D

Edit: No offense to those at the bottom of the score charts ;)
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

LittleLep wrote: When your LittleLep, you get Geno, hunt the worst player on the opposite team (score wise) and wait until hes in the open. Shoot maybe one shot and make him jump....[BOOM] +10 points :D
Sounds like a plan :P
When I first started out on my looong geno runs
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/download/file.php?id=11080
Now I just hop to the rail and wait for someone to spawn...
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Wow... thats just a bit massive. What is that? I also think it depends on the map.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

That's my high score, It did that on New Years Eve. Man, best bait ever is on that day :P
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague