A list of flag strengths and weaknesses

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
gnu-sense
Private First Class
Private First Class

There's an analysis I want to do here...

Post by gnu-sense »

All of these flag-vs-flag outcomes depend a lot on server variables for the different flags. GM is reasonably strong on Missile war, for example, but weaker on other maps (e.g. Theme97's abilities) where the delay is longer or the turn radius is too wide (that happened one day on MW too). Map terrain also has an effect which is harder to characterize.

If I can ever get a set of recorded games with lots of superflags being used, and different variable settings represented, I'd like to do an analysis of this very thing, not merely across servers but within servers. This would help show how server settings for different flags change gameplay, and could provide a guide for server owners in designing games they want, as well as suggesting things that might not have been tried yet.

This is one of the bzflag social network analysis projects I eventually hope to do. Right now, I am working on recovering useful information from recorded games, and I'm making progress, so I expect to be able to do something close to this before long. At the same time, I have quol's GU matches to go through first, but if anyone wants to help, let me know.

gnu-sense
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

You're right gnu-sense, but as I said in my first post and many other times, it still mostly depends on skill and situation (aka map configuration). Why doesn't anybody read that part?!
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

lol.

St vs BU. Splat.
ST vs. campers :P
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

Me vs. ST who think they can stop my sniping rampage :wink:

lol- anyways- Quantum Tank- I understand why you started this now- finally- but its so that, in sertain common sercumstances, what flag do you go for, and that is a good topic and I apolgize for my rude post

anyways!!!

Flags that are best against themselves:
gm vs gm
st vs st (depending on who knows where who is)
cl vs cl
L (camper) vs L (camper)
SW vs SW
BU vs BU
WG vs WG
V vs V
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I agree with some of those, but SW vs SW usually end in both being destroyed, WG vs WG depends completely on skill (personally, I suck at wings battles :wink: ), GM vs GM usually is also mutually destructive, BU vs BU is basically two regular tanks who can't jump battling, V vs V doesn't really give one tank an advantage over the other, and the same with CL vs CL. Other than that, I think those flags would be good used against themselves.