Your definition of a good player.

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Your definition of a good player.

Post by Green Manalishi »

Mr Beastie wrote:2. campers, genohoggers (esp on MW2), people whining all the time, e.g. thru!, that hit..., bs, etc, and people just keep writing stuff after they get killed, e.g. ..., ??, lucker, wtf etc.
meh you ARE a laggy lucker.. :roll:
Knox
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Knox »

Green Manalishi wrote:
Mr Beastie wrote:2. campers, genohoggers (esp on MW2), people whining all the time, e.g. thru!, that hit..., bs, etc, and people just keep writing stuff after they get killed, e.g. ..., ??, lucker, wtf etc.
meh you ARE a laggy lucker.. :roll:
agreed! :roll:
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

maybe we should start naming model players. :idea-alt:
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

ducatiwannabe, Enigma, orbit, Sonic the hedgehog (hj-something) (he taught me a ton of HiX Tricks), and players who take the time out of there day to help a new player or to answer a question noone else would.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

ok cool. ill name a few more. Green(you know who im talking about :mrgreen: ) Allied Armour
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

eww zac..you named green, he just talks a lot, but a terrible player (yeah that's right green, you know what i'm talking about :P). model player, orbit! outside gu, Enigma! but i have to say i <3 Gracey the most.
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

naw beastie. green is a model player. he friendly and has a good sense of humour.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

...not to mention he pwns rivals to oblivion no matter how much of a lux0r they are. llrr, you're so dead and gone!..:rip: zac, you're so alive.. :mrgreen:
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

lol guys, lets not turn this into an insult competition.
if you respect the game and try your best your all model players to me.
llrr your a model player to me to, cause no matter how much players dig at you about lag, you keep on fighting. :wink:
jpenguin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jpenguin »

peple with low scores, people who don't complain, dont TK, know what flag is good for what, dont go geno crazy, dont go SW crazy, use ST, don't bring bots, us autopilot sparinly, try unpoppular maps, don't cap in CTF if teams are to uneven (2 vs 1))
Starski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Starski »

my definition of a good player would be

1.a mature player
2.a player that focuses on the mechanics of the game
3.a player that knows when to have fun and when to not have fun :P
4.and a player that is respected
5.and finally a player like me xD
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"
-Gandhi

FKA Danji

Bad Company -> http://www.guleague.org/Teams/?profile=1001
clarahobbs
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by clarahobbs »

1. Not someone that plays for his own score, but plays for the TEAM score.
  2. Good at dodging and knows when and when not to jump.
FKA Ratfink
Seyla
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Seyla »

1) Positive, joyful, and fun. Not necessarily skilled, but makes the game worth while.
2) Whiners, who complain about "lag", etc. People who get mad at accidental tks, and when they tk, say stuff like "you got in my way!".
miller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by miller »

I haven't plaid CTF consistently since Silvercat: Overlord and Babel (wipes tear). When that's the game:

1. A team player.
2. A non-team player.

Lately, I'm at Badger or Quickshot:

1. Consistent kills regardless of flag.
2. Hiding in a corner with pet flag, hunting me then signing off in a huff when I return the favor, accusing me of cheating (as if I'd even know how).
Mitch Buchannon
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mitch Buchannon »

hi everybody. Today, at atrixnet, there was 2 players (i joined as observer). One of them had Stealth, and 12 points... the other one try desperatly to find Seer, but he was killed again and again... he was surely a beginner. I wrote: "1 vs 1 and st?", and the winning player said me:"sure, why not?". The other one signed off.

I told: "because now you are lonely"

1. a good player is who plays with honor and sportness. usually dodges instead of jumping as a fool. And sacrifices his superflag when is not usable (1 life is better than a flag)
2- a bad player usually hunts an adversary, cause he´s hungry hungry hungryyyyy of revenge (hunting could cause blindness). Abuses and camps. Camping is a good strategy, when the other players are better than you. If you are getting point points points with camping... you surely are a loser...
another thing than some players use to do is join with the winner or uneven team (yesterday i´ve played vs 3 blue tanks at once, we were lonely. was fun to die and make them killing herself. There was a lot of anger)

I like people who says "good shot" "nice" or "lol" (when the fight was difficult, adn funny). I dislike "hahaha" "muahaha" "luck" "lag"... bzflag is not a game for to an angry play. There are a lot of fight games for to play with rage. We can try to educate beginners... making it funny...

PS: excuse my english, i´m spanish :)
Conquistador
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Conquistador »

To quote Mitch up here..:
1. A good player is always hungry for revenge, he slowly hunts and kills successfully :p.
My definition of a good player..well lets see, has a good understanding of skills such as dodging, ricos, knows how to counter flags, etc. He doesn't necessarily is good only in one map, he knows how to play a little of everything.
2. Now bad players, well most people confuse the words newb and noob. Newbs are always learning and would accept any advice if any one is up for teaching em, now about noobs[bad players], lets see, they are campers, flag runners, call people "lucker", "lagger"..when they get shot or can't kill em. They are often negative, dont try to get over something, but just stick stick stick with it..after all, if you do the same thing everytime, you'll get the same results..thus..being called a nub. :D