Send your flag home

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Home Guard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Send your flag home

Post by Home Guard »

I've noticed a few people carrying the team flag send it back to their base on it's own. They seem to do some sort of jumping manuevre to achieve this, then it flies back home on it's own.
Does anyone know how to do this?
One day, I'll get a positive score....
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

If you drop a flag over an "illegal" area, an area that the flag can't land on (usually a pyramid), the flag will "fly" to a designated area, by default (I think) the middle of the map. In the map where you saw it happen, the server owner obviously set it so the flag flies to its base.

P.S. this technique is almost invariably called "passing", just so you know.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Yes, you need to get intimately familiar with passing on Missile Wars, if you plan on playing a CTF game. "Passing" can be an offensive or defensive maneuver, depending on server set up. If the flag "passes" to the middle, it can be used to pass a flag forward to (hopefully) waiting teammates, or to get the flag out of danger around the other teams base. Illegal surfaces also include the other teams base. A good tactic if the flag is very close to the enemy base is to grab it and jump over/onto the enemy base, just remember to DROP the flag before you land (or you will cap your flag for the other team).
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Home Guard
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Home Guard »

Thanks guys! I understand now.
One day, I'll get a positive score....