GM locking on

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Spdeey
Private
Private

GM locking on

Post by Spdeey »

Excuse me, But could Anybody Explain to me the GM Locking on system, Because I cant really lock on to an enemy.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: GM locking on

Post by Bambino »

Press 'I' or right click.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

press your defined identify key when looking at the person. It usually locks on to the closest person that's in front of you.
snick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by snick »

Quantum Tank wrote:press your defined identify key when looking at the person. It usually locks on to the closest person that's in front of you.
Especially if it's a teammate ;)
InfraRed
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by InfraRed »

I add...guided missile does NOT lock onto Stealth. Alot of people don't know about lock on, which when you don't have GM, tells you who you are "looking at" by using the hotkey you have set for it. Helpful should someone have the team flag and not know it, you can tell them. You should review the options for what key on your board or button on your mouse does what, and there are many extras to check out. I set "tab" as my lock on, look at button.
EQ balanced with IQ, eliminates Sleepwalking through life.
scorchgeek
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by scorchgeek »

snick wrote:
Quantum Tank wrote:press your defined identify key when looking at the person. It usually locks on to the closest person that's in front of you.
Especially if it's a teammate ;)
Yeah, this gets really annoying. Especially when you jump in the air to get a better shot at someone and then your GM heads halfway across the map (and maybe kills a teammate) instead of at the target 2 inches in front of you.

Might I add that GM's may lock onto a player right next to you, but they will go right through tanks if they haven't been going for a reasonable amount of time.