sigonasr2's Home sweet home role play

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Sniper752
Private First Class
Private First Class

sigonasr2's Home sweet home role play

Post by Sniper752 »

i think this fits under the "playstyles" part of this forum,...
what does everyone think of sigonasr2's role play map?
i think its rather stupid,...
Last edited by Sniper752 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]::|:|::|Sniper752|::|:|::
Map Maker
Avid Airsofter
Owner: Hosting.BZAddict.net ports 5242 and 5243
Admin: bzsupreme.webarts.bc.ca[/center]
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: sigonasr2's Role Play

Post by Green Manalishi »

sure is. i got kicked there because i haven't picked a 'role', when i was wondering why the hell my bullets (which, as it turned out, never existed) were invisible and not hitting anyone.. lol let the kids have their fun though.. on a sidenote, it's still good etiquette to mention the mapmaker in the description, not just the map name.
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

I was just trying to read through all the /help stuff so I could understand what to do, and then next thing you know I got kicked for inactivity. Sig's my buddy though, so I won't really hate on the map or anything. I've participated in RPs on forums before and they can be kinda fun. It's just a different playing style than traditional BZFlag, and if people want to do that, they should by all means be able to.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Sniper752 wrote:i think its rather stupid,...
And some people do. That's fine by me. A pretty interesting story about how this idea came about too... (Not going to say anything on here though.)

Like Manalishi said:
Green Manalishi wrote:let the kids have their fun
===========
Green Manalishi wrote:sure is. i got kicked there because i haven't picked a 'role', when i was wondering why the hell my bullets (which, as it turned out, never existed) were invisible and not hitting anyone
dartman wrote:I was just trying to read through all the /help stuff so I could understand what to do, and then next thing you know I got kicked for inactivity.
I usually kick the folks and expect them to join observer. Might seem a little unfriendly, but I think if they're actually interested, they would come back as an observer. Most do anyhow. I know it's kind of a rude way, but it really looks funny when I see random tanks walking around wondering what's going on, and trying to shoot...hehe
And I don't want to just talk to them, because they could either ignore me, or just stand there forever, then people who are roleplaying are questioning them while they're trying to read. In my opinion, the observer spot is better to handle these situations.
Green Manalishi wrote:it's still good etiquette to mention the mapmaker in the description, not just the map name.
And yes, sorry to Louman specifically about that, that's bad etiquette. It will be included in a restart.
dartman wrote:It's just a different playing style than traditional BZFlag, and if people want to do that, they should by all means be able to.
:)
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: sigonasr2's Home sweet home role play

Post by Monster »

I like the idea, this addes a completely new play-style to Bzflag. Keep it up :)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

sigo, thanks for clarifying things (the kick wasn't a big deal really, as it came with a clear warning to adhere to the rules of the server. it's just everything looked silly to me, being a total outsider to the RPG scene :D) & thanks for changing the description too. hallowed be his name. :P
Conquistador
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Conquistador »

Never liked those RP forum games..but this seems like fun. Is the map still up? I wanna check it. :D
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

The roleplay server is currently hosted at sigonasr2.servegame.org:9444 and is titled "sigonasr2's Exclusive RP Server - Louman's Home Sweet Home" if you would like to join. The general idea goes that you play a character and can interact with others in a map that is, well, home friendly.

Sometimes random players will join and not read the rules, so it may be hard to find some RP'ers, but we have over 15 role players that know how to play, and usually when they see the server pop up, they will join it and join in the fun.

Although life usually takes over, it can be an interesting experience. Certain players are made administrators for demonstrating their ability to roleplay well and wish to manipulate the environment. That is, you can change the fog and sky colors for "night" and "day" time, change the weather, modify certain variables to create the scene you are trying to imitate more easily, and giving out flags to fulfill certain requirements, (Such as cats getting thief for being fast, kids getting tiny for being small, and wings are generally used by most to move around.)

It can be really interesting when the events are enacted correctly (Funky wording...hmm), and some players completely don't understand and care about it, and some like it and find it interesting. Just remember that when you are in character so to speak, you should not be acting like yourself (Unless your character is yourself which is usually not the case) and you should not be talking like normal speaking. (There's a rule that allows you to tell other players out of context information or discussing where the story should go with the { } brackets to prevent confusion with the roleplay itself. These should be ignored in the "physical" realm of the roleplaying environment.)

Finally, the most important rule, is never "force" someone to do something. You both have to agree before you kill, transform, or do something that can devastate someone, as it is not fair for others. For example, instead of saying "sigonasr2 kills xxx with a shotgun", you can say "sigonasr2 points a shotgun at xxx and pulls the trigger". This allows the other player to decide if they will be able to dodge it, fight back, get wounded, or just die.
Conquistador
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Conquistador »

So I checked the map..[no players around tho]..as I read the whole help section..there's still something that is bugging me..so you just have to sit there and just chat with other people? BOOOOOORING!!
Well..it has the basic idea of how a RP games are played..but bzflag is all about action. Talk less, kill more! ;D