How to Escape a GM and Kill Wings?

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Liz 16
Private First Class
Private First Class

How to Escape a GM and Kill Wings?

Post by Liz 16 »

Hi,

I need help I can't figure out how to out dodge a GM I have seen other tanks do it but I can't seem to before I get hit.
and with how to kill wings without getting killied I can't quite understand how to do that?

-Liz 16
Liz
Athletic Girl, ) God has blessed and gifted me with it..its only because of him that I love to run and do sports!! (soccer)
dereliction of duty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: How to Escape a GM and Kill Wings?

Post by dereliction of duty »

attempt to drive perpendicular to the gm shot, while turning slightly so you can match the curving arcs of the gm shots. Note, depending on server/map settings, it will be harder to stay perpendicular to the shots due to there is a variable that controls how tight a gm can turn.

As for wings, I've never really mastered the skill in using such a flag - maybe it's just a thing I have with one of the flags that was based off a old cheat/hack - so somebody else can chime in there.
Yrogirg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Yrogirg »

Use search, gm dodging was discussed numerous times

http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15124
http://forums.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14682

As for the wings flag, try to use gm or sw against it. You can also use pyramids so your ordinary shots or laser rico into the winged guy.

But these are not the primary methods. Note, that on most servers a winged player can shoot you only when he is on the same level (ground) as you, so don't let him land. First, don't jump. Second, constantly shoot the ground under the winged player so he would fear to land. However, be careful of your own ricochets and do not kill yourself, a good wing player will try to force you to suicide that way. Sooner or later he will run out of wing jumps and he will have to land --- it's your chance to kill him.

With 2.4 there is also another (probably the best) way. When wings go down go closer and jump when he will be near the very ground to shoot him. In 2.4 he won't be able to jump away the bullets.
Liz 16
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Liz 16 »

Oh, thank you very much, its helping me...grasias :-)
Liz
Athletic Girl, ) God has blessed and gifted me with it..its only because of him that I love to run and do sports!! (soccer)