BZFlag ideas

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
easy tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZFlag ideas

Post by easy tank »

In new version of BZFlag there can be NEW FLAGS.
GOOD FLAGS
Example: Invisible bullets (not invisible on radar, on screen)
flag to you can see these bullets (help flag)
flag to your bullets gonna be much longer alive

BAD FLAGS
Example: Slow bullets
little jump
too high jump

Easy Tank
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZFlag ideas

Post by SkillDude »

Heh...Here's another flag suggestion topic. I wonder how many people actually read these wiki pages:

http://wiki.bzflag.org/Flag_Ideas
http://wiki.bzflag.org/Flag_ideas/Rejected

If you look at Flag Ideas, Cloaked Shot was planned to be included in the future, which made the bullets not visible out the window, but still seen on radar. Having a counter to that flag as a separate flag would be quite pointless, as it only has a very specific use for one situation. One type of flag reason that gets flags rejected. The Seer flag would probably be more appropriate.

In addition, your Little and High jump flags technically already exist with the Bouncy flag. I don't see why we have to have more flags that modify your jump. Slow bullets? Already been suggested: http://wiki.bzflag.org/Flag_Ideas#SlowShot_.28SS.29 along with Long Shot: http://wiki.bzflag.org/Flag_Ideas#Long_Shot.28LS.29

Read through the rejected flag idea reasons. Many of the reasons given will make you see why developers are so critical about adding flags. There are very valid reasons why few flags suggested ever become actual flags. When I first saw how many flags were rejected, I was shocked. But now I realize, after looking at more than 100 reasons as to why flag ideas are bad that most should be rejected.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Cloaked Shot and Low Gravity are already implemented in the 2.99.x code.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

theres also a jumping flag which could be annoying on the majority of servers
i also remember a rejected flag idea called percing shot (if tank is hit by the shot the shot doesn't stop there it carries on) which isn't actually a bad idea

maybe there should be something called fisheyes which is the opposite of wide angle
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Stewie Griffin wrote:i also remember a rejected flag idea called percing shot (if tank is hit by the shot the shot doesn't stop there it carries on) which isn't actually a bad idea
We already have that. It's called a laser.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

without the infinite speed and infinite(ish) length
Ragu sauce: If you gave this to someone who was actually from Italy, they'd punch you in the face.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Stewie Griffin wrote:without the infinite speed and infinite(ish) length
So edit the setting that affects the length... the speed is really not all that important, you either are hit or not, how fast is irrelevant.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mopar Madness »

I'd say its pretty relevant. I can dodge slow regular bullets all day long, a guy with regular bullets has to shoot where he thinks you are going to be when the bullet reaches you, a laser only has to aim at your tank and fire. I do agree though that having both flags would be unnecessary unless a server wanted to keep the default slow reload rate on the laser and have the piercing bullet have regular reload rate.
DeltaFlame
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DeltaFlame »

you see

thats what i mean
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Stewie Griffin wrote:you see

thats what i mean
Still irrelevant... as there is no active development happening, a few bug fixes here and there but no real new features. If you would like to see something like this there would have to be people who cared to develop it. That currently is not the case. The "old guard" of programers stopped really active development a long time ago and not near enough programmers have come on board to keep the project going.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
g4force
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by g4force »

In call of duty, they have a perk where you can jam the other teams radar, I think this would be a very cool flag on bzflag. that might even help teamplay
Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

There should be a flag that makes your bullets half size.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I don't think the size or the bullet matters. The collision code probably treats it as a single point.

Iskskskks
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Iskskskks »

Oh sorry.