Many shots with a single button (delay)

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
lkjhg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Many shots with a single button (delay)

Post by lkjhg »

Good evening, how to make a couple of shots by holding the left mouse button without delay between the first and subsequent?
blast
General
General

Re: Many shots with a single button (delay)

Post by blast »

That's not possible. Some people do use the mouse wheel for shooting, though.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

It's called macros.. My mouse does it I do not like it though. It's an "anker" you can record mouse clicks and it will play it back..
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Macros are generally considered cheating.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

can't create rules as we go. anyhow to prove someone is using a macro is impossible. Every pc game players use macros but here on BZFLag i guess it's "considered cheating" lol....I guess the scroll wheel should be considered cheating since it gives someone perfect 3s without having to individually press a key each time a shot is fired (which i guess can be considered a macro). A macro is when you press 1 button and it does a series of things...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That's not a new thing. And it's not a thing specific to BZFlag. For some multiplayer games, macros are explicitly prohibited in rules, terms of service, etc. Doesn't really matter as much (or at all) in single player games.

etigah
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by etigah »

What about keyboard repeat function? it is probably available on all systems.

I would also like to use this, so I need to know if it's considered a cheat.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Having a function to fire all available shells at once (perhaps with a configurable delay in between) would also help level the playing field when using input devices like joysticks and gamepads.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

etigah from the whitelist

There are no restrictions on mouse speed, mouse acceleration, and USB polling rates (Gaming mice are allowed)
Any input device recognized by BZFlag, specially any mice, trackball, joystick and keyboard.
Any input device that needs change of the client code to be recognized, or the requires the usage of self developed drivers or tools, have to be reviewed and explicitly allowed by the GU League Admin staff.
Any input device driver that came with the input device and using all the features it provides. The following additional drivers are allowed:
- MacOSX: mousezoom, USB-Overdrive, imousefix and mousefix
- MS Windows: Logitech Setpoint
- Additional drivers and tools only after they have been reviewed and approved explicitly by the GU Admin staff.