Chickenfarmer's Missile Wars 2.3 Notes

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
chickenfarmer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Chickenfarmer's Missile Wars 2.3 Notes

Post by chickenfarmer »

Thanks to all who came to the training yesterday. We had a good time talking about various laser shots. We talked about:

How to laser the Super Bullet cave (left or right side of opponent's base) from inside your own base
Variations on the above shot to clear campers at the opponent's base doorways
How to wrap a Laser around from your own front wall to the opponent's front wall one level up
How to use Laser to remove a GM camper or Stealth one jump away from Geno tower
How to use Laser to remove GM, Laser or other campers from the opponent's second level wall
Situations when these shots are useful
How to Geno someone behind the tower/portal screen
Mid-field ricochet shots to clear campers from corners of bases one or two levels up
Brand new Laser shot (see below)

I appreciate iObserve sending me a screenshot of the shot I've been working on for a while. It's a complete wraparound shot which takes out the entire front wall of the opposition one level up. Kudos to Jim Bob and duckherder for showing the effect of these shots and being available to drive around Green base as needed.

I wanted to attach the screenshot of Chickenfarmer's "Clear the Roost" Laser Shot. I don't know anyone who has done this before in a game, so I get to name it. :D

Several players know how to sit on their front wall one level up and wrap a laser around to the middle of the opponent's base/wall. But this shot clears the ENTIRE front wall one level up. In short, it's incredibly useful. If you practice this and are able to do it, post a note here.
Attachments
bzflag-wraparound-laser-shot.png
(1.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Chickenfarmer's Missile Wars 2.3 Notes

Post by Zehra »

It would be great if you could cover the subject in as much detail as your previous thread.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Those wanting to learn the finer points of Missile Wars 2.3 are best served by showing up to the weekly practice sessions - seeing firsthand how & what can be done on this map.
chickenfarmer wrote:Reminder: Whatever timezone you are in and wherever you are in the world, more Missile Wars 2.3 training happens on Sunday, March 24th at 4 pm DST or 9 pm UTC/London.
Training sessions are on bert's server and evening fun are on bert or allejo's. Can't miss it on the listserver.
If you can't make training, cf comes 4-5 evenings/week (US timezones) and we have great fun.
Cheers!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

@chickenfarmer
Might be better to simply update your previous thread with a new post providing an update on what was covered.
This way it looks better and also keeps related content together.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread