That Quickshot foggy map

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
w339
Private First Class
Private First Class

That Quickshot foggy map

Post by w339 »

I already like it a lot, but I have the impression that making it radar free or having position shared only with teammates (that is, you can't see the enemy if it's not in plain sight) would make it a killer map. The fog also adds atmosphere making far away tanks harder to spot; I'd leave it always on or even make it thicker. On a map like this I would also remove all flags; the different gameplay would make them appear more of a distraction.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: That Quickshot foggy map

Post by Zehra »

Within the current protocol and before, it is not possible to make teammates solely visible on radar without client modifications.

Additionally, if it were to change to a non-radar map, it likely would become a camp ground, as the game play would likely change towards "hide and camp", which would become especially annoying with few players, as unless one sees where one was shot from, there is few or possibly no ways to determine where it came from, which is especially unhelpful with random spawns.

The map also seems to be designed to prevent sole radar usage, due to some buildings not appearing on radar with the 'noradar' option added to them.

Perhaps this is better thought of as a new map, rather than a new concept to be implemented in an existing map.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread