Tank-icide, the Killer of Tanks

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Tank-icide, the Killer of Tanks

Post by RPG »

A few times today, I was on Secretplace (the usual hangout) and at least 5 times I was faced in a situation that I couldn't escape from, so i pressed DEL, held on tight, and shot at walls that could rico my bullets and kill me. Eventually, all 5 times I tried to kill myself so I wouldn't be killed by someone else worked. I shot myself every time before my opponents got to me.

I'm just saying, self-destruct is there for a reason, not just for insane people to demonstrate their self-destructing abilities.

Watch out, killing yourself to avoid giving someone else a point really pisses them off!
Weregoose
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Weregoose »

I'd like to point out that most of the time, when I'm stuck, using the keyboard's arrow keys to turn towards a downward slope and then to move forward usually works just fine. Recap: Keyboard's arrow keys!
Cover your windshields.
IF I KILL U U R UGLY
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by IF I KILL U U R UGLY »

using self-destruct stratgicly? heh, i always ferget..and by the time i realize im under attack its 2 late... :|
Take that, beyotch.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Well if I see a wall that I can rico bullets off of and kill myself I'll do that too, all to stop the attacker from getting his point!
nemesis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nemesis »

whats with hitting DEL? what does that do?
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Hitting delete makes you self destruct.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

You can escape from every place I would say... hitting DEL will kill you everytime whereas you can dodge shots from enemies and you have the chance to survive.

And by the way: doing a self-destruct is in most cases just ridiculous. I tried that "tactic" once too and everytime it didn't piss the opponent, they just loled at my "stupidity". :shock:
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

del works when there is shockwavedeath on, and in a crowd or around ppl. ppl have to be careful about who is around when they kill ppl.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Phalanx wrote:del works when there is shockwavedeath on, and in a crowd or around ppl. ppl have to be careful about who is around when they kill ppl.
But then you don't get any of those points. I'd only do that if I'm around a dangerous WG-er, L-er, or GM-er.
IF I KILL U U R UGLY
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Tank-icide, the Killer of Tanks

Post by IF I KILL U U R UGLY »

RPG wrote:A few times today, I was on Secretplace (the usual hangout) and at least 5 times I was faced in a situation that I couldn't escape from, so i pressed DEL, held on tight, and shot at walls that could rico my bullets and kill me. Eventually, all 5 times I tried to kill myself so I wouldn't be killed by someone else worked. I shot myself every time before my opponents got to me.

I'm just saying, self-destruct is there for a reason, not just for insane people to demonstrate their self-destructing abilities.

Watch out, killing yourself to avoid giving someone else a point really pisses them off!
Yeah, amen bro.
Take that, beyotch.
Harlin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Harlin »

How about a kamikaze flag? This could work like my ridiculous SW flag (Insane Radius - 1600!) on my Pythonian server. Come to think of it, it kind of already is, but I'd also like to use the standard SW as well.
Waistless
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Waistless »

hmm.. i noticed that one a random server(can't remember which one) the tanks were set so that when they got destroyed they'd released a world weapon shockwave after their death. any chance of introducing something like that on silvercat :D
Could this tank perhaps go a little bit faster, so it's not being overtaken by stationary objects.
"Words in parentheses can (not) be ignored." -Unknown
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

it's already been introduced at Planet MoFo, but i really doubt silvercat will use it. Silvercat plays serious bzflag - all the big CTFs. I really don't see it coming in there.

It might possibly work at secretplace....
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I don't like Shockwavedeath, because it eliminates all close-range shots.
G-MAN
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Location, Location, Location. This house has it all.

TRue

Post by G-MAN »

Shock wave is horrible, I just don't like using it. Example. It's you and your nemesis in a open area he's pretty good your not. He shoots left, right, straight. You keep on firing your shockwave. No help and by the time you drop it your dead. :lol-old:
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: TRue

Post by The Red Baron »

G-MAN wrote:Shock wave is horrible, I just don't like using it. Example. It's you and your nemesis in a open area he's pretty good your not. He shoots left, right, straight. You keep on firing your shockwave. No help and by the time you drop it your dead. :lol-old:
if jumping is enabled, why don't you jump over him? :?
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
baddmove
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by baddmove »

well RPG..i play ther alot and i have NEVER seen you there...do you play under a diff.. name?(of course you do) are you so popular that you cant play as yourself?

just wondering..i notice that alot of you guys who say "i'm in that room too"" are in there under other names...peace my friend...play as yourself just like i do......da boogieman aint gonna get you...but we might....lol
you are not like rock stars..nope..you're just bzflaggerz,,be your self..............all i gotta say.......................BM
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

what is it with you and callsigns??????? LOOK, we can play as who we want to be. just because YOU havn't seen us there dosn't mean we don't. so stop pretending your the supreme ruler of the universe.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Spaz there is right. its none of your business who we play as. I often will go to servers where i admin at, just under a different name to see if i can get any cheating mofos in action. i then rejoin as 'me' and proceed to warn, kick, and then ban if nececessary.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

yea anyone can play wit any name. who are u to choose how or who we play
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Tank-icide, the Killer of Tanks

Post by Ice Wewe »

IF I KILL U U R UGLY wrote:
RPG wrote:A few times today, I was on Secretplace (the usual hangout) and at least 5 times I was faced in a situation that I couldn't escape from, so i pressed DEL, held on tight, and shot at walls that could rico my bullets and kill me. Eventually, all 5 times I tried to kill myself so I wouldn't be killed by someone else worked. I shot myself every time before my opponents got to me.

Yeah, amen bro.
Hehe, I wouldn't give up that easily. If they're were anyway I could see myself making a stand, I'd do it before I shot myself. Sometimes the person isn't pay attiton, and sometimes, you get a break. All I saying is, what if you hadn't killed yourself? :shock: :wink: :shock:
that exploding tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by that exploding tank »

You do get 5 seconds before you actually SD. I would use those 5 secs to tell whether you are about to be killed. If not, then you can cancel the SD process by pushing DEL again. If so, then your opponent is robbed of a point, and you win (kind of).